Page 7 of 290 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I'm gonna try and demand a colonoscopy or some sort of test to put my mind at ease. Because I feel doomed now and I can't go on not knowing
    you do that

BUT YOUR REAL PROBLEM IS ANXIETY

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    you do that

BUT YOUR REAL PROBLEM IS ANXIETY
    I can deal with that after.. but I've had blood on the paper a few weeks ago, traces a few days ago, I feel like there's a lump on my intestine, my stools are thinner (they weren't AS thin today), my stools aren't consistent (diarrhoea, constipation, normal and then switch it up again) and I had mucus a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why I have to ignore the REAL problems just because I have anxiety

But thank you, I know you mean well. It just feels so real

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

And by the way I booked a doctors appointment for later!

What can I expect them to do? I'm gonna list to them all my symptoms

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    I can deal with that after.. but I've had blood on the paper a few weeks ago, traces a few days ago, I feel like there's a lump on my intestine, my stools are thinner (they weren't AS thin today), my stools aren't consistent (diarrhoea, constipation, normal and then switch it up again) and I had mucus a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why I have to ignore the REAL problems just because I have anxiety

But thank you, I know you mean well. It just feels so real

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

And by the way I booked a doctors appointment for later!

What can I expect them to do? I'm gonna list to them all my symptoms
    You can list your symptoms all you want and demand a colonoscopy. It does not mean you will get one. Your symptoms are easily explained as a hemorroid or a fissue. I get bleeding often due to hard stool. You also cannot feel anything on your intestines, that is impossible. It is also normal for stools to fluxuate, as long as it is not going on for weeks. I knew someone whom had colon cancer. He had diarrhea for months at a time. It never let up. But, you go ahead and go to the doctor. We will be waiting to hear what we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    You can list your symptoms all you want and demand a colonoscopy. It does not mean you will get one. Your symptoms are easily explained as a hemorroid or a fissue. I get bleeding often due to hard stool. You also cannot feel anything on your intestines, that is impossible. It is also normal for stools to fluxuate, as long as it is not going on for weeks. I knew someone whom had colon cancer. He had diarrhea for months at a time. It never let up. But, you go ahead and go to the doctor. We will be waiting to hear what we already know.
    Thanks for replying, and I get I'm being annoying but my mind literally won't rest.

I literally feel like my days are numbered.

And I'm so sorry about your friend. Mine fluctuate between harder stools, diarrhoea and constipation. Idk... I'm a mess. I'm sorry.

Colon lymph nodes?

Hi,

I'm feeling along my colon due to bowel cancer worries and I feel maybe 2-3 hard unmovable lumps that almost feel embedded to the colon.

They don't feel like obvious bumps that stick out like a mole hill, but I can definitely feel them and they feel like the size of beans.

It feels the same as when you feel the lymph nodes under your chin, but when you tilt your head back to make the skin strech so you can feel around in that area.

I can only feel them when I tense my abdomen

They don't hurt at all. At first I was scared of it being a tumour until I read up about nodes. But what if I do have cancer and it's spread there?

I'm seeing a doctor in four hours about this, if they feel the area when I tense up would they be able to tell if they're swollen or not for sure?

ANOTHER QUESTION- is it possible for the colon to feel bumpy and have ridges? Nothing major but I can just feel these hard things and if they aren't lymph nodes, could it just be a part of the colon?

And no it isn't wind or anything

Thanks so much

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Right apparently there aren't even any lymph nodes in the area I'm talking about

https://healthjade.com/wp-content/up...ph-nodes-1.jpg

SO WHAT COULD IT BE? Omg I'm pulling my hair out right now, I don't understand!

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Does the abdominal wall feel hard and ridgy? Is this what I'm feeling?
    Last edited by Toby2000; 16-08-18 at 11:40.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Serious question Toby: Do you want to have cancer? I ask because it appears you're trying really hard to convince us and yourself.

Let us know what the doctor says... "Told Ya So" gang is ready and waiting

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

"Told Ya So" gang is ready and waiting
    I hope so!

Dude. Those are your abs. Muscles aren't perfect, it's normal to have bumps on them- just look at all the ALS threads here worrying it's muscle atrophy. I can feel two right now.

Also, the reason why you can't feel inside or on the intestinal lining is because the abdominal wall (abs, fat layer, skin, etc.) is blocking it.

Calm down, man. You don't have cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarCoffee View Post
    Dude. Those are your abs. Muscles aren't perfect, it's normal to have bumps on them- just look at all the ALS threads here worrying it's muscle atrophy. I can feel two right now.

Also, the reason why you can't feel inside or on the intestinal lining is because the abdominal wall (abs, fat layer, skin, etc.) is blocking it.

Calm down, man. You don't have cancer.
    Thanks so much for reassuring me

I was such an idiot, I thought I was feeling my intestines

But now I'm convinced a tumour in the colon is pushing against the wall or something which is causing it to bulge out slightly. But it's like 30 minutes before I see the doctor for answers (hopefully answers, not presumptions like "Oh it's hemherroids") so I'm just gonna see what they say instead of opening up a new can of worms

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Yeah as I mentioned, 30 minutes until I go to the doctors and I'm terrified about the rectal exam they'll probably do

Page 7 of 290 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information