Quote Originally Posted by wingo22 View Post
Hi everyone,
So been a long time health anxiety sufferer. I do plan on going for CBT, however the wait list in my area is quite long. But I feel like it’s a step in the right direction.
Ive been recently worried about MS. Well it started out as an ALS fear, then quickly moved to MS. My right arm for some time (9 months) has felt tired and gets fatigued quite easily when I an doing something with it. Recently I have been feeling dull aches in my right leg as well when climbing stairs or doing whatever. I can physically climb the stairs, but after I am done it feels like I just worked out my muscles a lot and my right thigh aches. Due to this I have been strength testing it a lot by climbing stairs, standing on one leg, etc.

I saw my doctor about 6 weeks ago. She really focused on my arm issue and kind of pushed aside the leg one. We did a full physical, strength, neuro, reflexes test and blood work. Everything is good in my arms and legs. I told her I was super afraid it could be something neurological and feared MS. She responded “I don’t think so” and “MS usually does not present itself that way”.

I felt really relieved on the drive home. I do trust her but am still getting some occasional fears that she misdiagnosed me. She said my nerves and muscles are all responding well, if this is the case should i stop worrying about MS?
30 yr old male btw. I know the answer is yes, but I need some convincing. I am just super worried that it is only affecting one side of my body (my right arm and leg). My left arm and leg are perfectly fine. I have no tingling, numbness, vision issues, etc. Can anyone offer some advice please!
Wingo I can't offer any advice but I can say that I am in a very similar situation. Testing my limbs for strength etc and whilst in a state of anxiety your muscles are extremely tense which in turn creates further aches on said muscles, I know because it's happening to me as well. I too went to the doctor fearing a neurological disorder and she similarly tested my strength, reflexes etc and advised she believed I was fine. We have to trust the doctor's advice; they are professionally trained and know what they are doing. Think of it this way: the all clear from your doctor is the best news you could have got, had your doctor had to refer you for any reason your anxiety would be a million times worse than it is now. You received good news - be thankful.