Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Everything contaminated

Re: Everything contaminated

Quote Originally Posted by Phuzella View Post
    My ideal job would be to help people with anxiety make changes in their lives. Like Phil with his OCD or people with agoraphobia etc. These 2 forms of anxiety are my specialities as they are my own particular demons and I've cracked them. Oh and panic attacks I'm on top of them too. I don't have qualifications only 50 years experience .
    Strong is the force in this one Obi Wan <(-.-)>

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You also have a reply on your other OCD-related thread, Phil: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...=209080&page=7

Never Surrender, Comrade

When I moved house the kettle was put in boot next to box of cleaning stuff will it be safe to drink from?

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    When I moved house the kettle was put in boot next to box of cleaning stuff will it be safe to drink from?
    Phil I am not reassuring you anymore I hope others will follow suit, try and use your own logic to that question, and you need to follow up that pm you received the other day it's the only way your OCD wont go way on it's own and will manifest it's self in different ways. so it's up to you know yes we can help advise etc but most of the work must come from you ATB

This is very helpful. Would you mind helping me?

I have an “introduce myself” on the front forum.

Long and short I’m scared of the floor germs due to dog poo and dog poo traces off my shoes, in particular work shoes where I know I’ve walked where someone has stood in dog poo as we used the same work entrance.

It’s not in my house, the shoes are on a rack and my you g nephews had a sock fight, I don’t know whether the socks glinted against the shoes and then flinched against the walls and everything else .

I know with ERP that I have to face these things as the anxiety will come down, but mine never seem too??? Xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo16 View Post

Long and short I’m scared of the floor germs due to dog poo and dog poo traces off my shoes, in particular work shoes where I know I’ve walked where someone has stood in dog poo as we used the same work entrance.

It’s not in my house, the shoes are on a rack and my you g nephews had a sock fight, I don’t know whether the socks glinted against the shoes and then flinched against the walls and everything else .

I know with ERP that I have to face these things as the anxiety will come down, but mine never seem too??? Xxx
    Might want to start your own thread as opposed to reviving this one, especially since it's a Phil thread

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymoo16 View Post

I replied to your topic on the ocd forum hopefully you can find peace of mind that I’ve gone through similar worries and it’s very difficult but hopefully you can find peace of mind that you are not alone in worrying about this sort of thing.

Around 1990 (when I was 13) I developed a short-lived irrational phobia about custard.

At my first respite unit which I used to stay at on a monthly basis back then, there was a lobby (with closed doors) opposite the upstairs lounge which lead to a fire escape, and the dumbwaiter (goods lift that conveys food and drink items vertically between floors) terminated in there in its uppermost position from next to the kitchen underneath, and the afters sometimes came with custard, though thankfully none of the staff there ever made me eat anything I didn't like, which was a bonus considering there were a couple of power-mad bad apples working there with a bit of an attitude.

That lobby used to give me the heebies a bit as custard was passed through it, and even the light fittings in there which were batten holders with bare bulbs which reminded me of certain rooms in the house I lived in as a toddler-young child.

There were many other aspects of that building that gave me the creeps, as it just seemed to have bad vibes all round.

I seriously wonder if it is typical of many buildings that were designed and constructed during the mid-late 70s era?

BTW, I don't really have such issues with custard now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    BTW, I don't really have such issues with custard now.
    But custard is legitimately scary! I still get the dry-heaves if I see a custard tart wobbling.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    But custard is legitimately scary! I still get the dry-heaves if I see a custard tart wobbling.
    This was runny custard poured over puddings from jugs, cartons, etc.

Just a silly irrational fad that I went through at the time. I went through a similar fad some 8 years earlier when I was 5 over (potato) chips ('fries' in the USA) as there was a random small strip of foam/sponge affixed to the underside of my mom's ironing board, that was coloured and shaped like a chip, which put me off chips and also caused me to develop a short-lived phobia of said ironing board, especially the underside which I couldn't look at for the duration of said phobia.

Fortunately though, approximately one year later and by the age of 6, my phobia of said ironing board and my aversion to chips had all but gone.

I can look back and laugh about all that now, but at that time it was most certainly my 5-year-old ASD mind playing tricks on me.

Same also with custard, the respite unit, and all the relevant associations.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread Information