Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine. Fear or war. Please help

Re: Ukraine. Fear or war. Please help

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Mainstream media are still peddling WW3 and I mean Sky ect they are 100% sure this war will escalate beyond Ukraine do people share that view here?
    I am on my second day of not looking at mainstream media and I feel much better. I would definitely recommend it.

To answer your question I personally am less worried about ww3 than I was this time last week. How on earth will the Russian army be able to cope with taking on NATO when they clearly do not have the resources to effectively fight Ukraine? This week Russian reps have done their normal threats but there has also been appeals for no more sanctions, a declaration that they mean no ill intentions by their actions(!). The rhetoric is changing slowly.

Who would be involved in ww3? Russia and Belarus v (almost) every other country? Who else would be on Russia’s side?

Obviously mine is a non expert opinion!
    Last edited by Taucher; 06-03-22 at 18:40.

Mainstream media are still peddling WW3 and I mean Sky ect they are 100% sure this war will escalate beyond Ukraine do people share that view here?
    why are you even listening to no marks in the media? Mainstream or otherwise. They scared you half to death over covid and now you are being sucked in over this.

im not a fan of any media from the BBC right down to social rubbish.( A throwback from the way they ALL shoved covid down our throats continuously. It’s all overkill. It is possible to cut out all tv news, papers, online stuff from your life. I know you said you would reduce your apps etc but you are still feeding your dragon with mainstream. They are just journalists dragging in random people for their opinion. Go cold turkey with the lot. Take a walk. I bet you will feel better.

Ghost…Spillways

I don’t see this on the media and I don’t think you need to worry Phil. I do think you need to limit your news intake though, after a while it becomes too much for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It boils down to whether Phil can't or won't limit news intake though. Only he can answer that.

Well FYI, Phil, my dad happened to be watching Sky News this evening whilst waiting for the snooker final to start, and despite covering the Ukraine conflict (obviously), I DIDN'T see (in the on-screen text) nor hear any mention of the words 'World War Three', neither did my dad.

Ditto for the BBC News.

I think the media will lose interest in Ukraine as the war drags on or if something major over here happens.

Probably a good time now for Boris to bury the Met's report on his lockdown behaviours though? He's managed to swerve his downfall again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I don’t see this on the media and I don’t think you need to worry Phil. I do think you need to limit your news intake though, after a while it becomes too much for anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen nor heard any such thing either.

Perhaps it was dodgy sites falsely 'masquerading' as the proper news outlets that Phil might have come across whilst compulsively doomscrolling on the Ukraine conflict.

Some conniving unscrupulous barstewards have been known to create such sites online that to all intents and purposes resemble the 'real' sites, give or take a few variables, and promote them via social media.

Freedom of expression? Over my dead body!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think the media will lose interest in Ukraine as the war drags on or if something major over here happens.
    I was actually musing on that myself yesterday, as the daily national newspapers can only keep reporting the same old same old in a sensationalistic manner for so long on said topic, till it becomes a tedious borefest for most readers in this country.

When you said 'if something major over here happens', I presume you meant that something would not necessarily be connected with the Russia-Ukraine conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I was actually musing on that myself yesterday, as the daily national newspapers can only keep reporting the same old same old in a sensationalistic manner for so long on said topic, till it becomes a tedious borefest for most readers in this country.

When you said 'if something major over here happens', I presume you meant that something would not necessarily be connected with the Russia-Ukraine conflict?
    Yes that's what I meant. Something related to the Queen's declining health for example or to a major scandal linked to someone "influential". The usual stuff.

What's happening in Afghanistan right now? I'm assuming the Taliban have stopped slaughtering Afghans who helped the western military? Stopped subjugating women? After all, its gone very quiet so it must be ok.

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread Information