Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
TBH, as far as a lot of this WW3 talk is concerned, some people believe that the 20+-year-long 'War on Terror' (post-9/11) has technically been WW3 (and still is).

And as mentioned above, this Ukraine conflict did technically begin back in 2014, but it's coverage was kept relatively low-key in this country for the most part. As well as the Salisbury poisoning incident back in 2018 (which I believe was an isolated incident and not directly linked to what's going on right now, plus wasn't actually intended as a full-on attack on the British public per se), there was another likewise incident back in 2006 that was perpetrated by Russians, of which I don't recall the media making that big a deal of at the time, despite happening about a year after the 7/7 attacks, which were still of course fresh in many people's memories at that time.
You are correct. Some people maybe already think WW3 some in media probably desperate to call it that. Not sure at which point it becomes a world war but I do remember similar headlines with Iraq and similar wars. It’s important those who spread fear are brought back down to earth and fact checked.