Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
Ah, that does make sense. I do think the chances of something popping up in the six months since you've been discharged are extremely low (like go-play-the-lottery low) and I will say I also have an indent of a similar size on my breast that is also next to a scar and that I ask about annually and am told it's totally normal. But I understand your fear; I find myself analyzing every stretch mark to see if it's a concerning indent or just a normal body mark.

I will say based on what I've been told from my own doctors, that concerning indents are usually really obvious (often sizable) and you know they're out of place. I would believe that it is just scar tissue as well. But I also know how hard it is to tow the line between health anxiety and being proactive.

Thanks poppy. I’m totally obsessed with breast indents as I seem to have so many! Feel like i find a new one every few months and I’m sick to death of worrying about them and going through the process of stressing myself out to get them checked.
I think I just need to accept that I have dimpley boobs and that’s ok. But in reality, I know I’ll obsess over it and keep checking it til I get a professional opinion. HA sucks.

Thanks for passing on the advice from your doctor. That’s really good to know. I wish more advice was available about how to differentiate the characteristics of a normal dimple caused by weight loss, aging etc, versus a bad one.