Thread: Eye cancer or brain tumour. I'm really freaking out

Eye cancer or brain tumour. I'm really freaking out

Hi there. My anxiety has been spiralling for a while now. I have quite a stressful life as I'm a full time single mum to a child with additional needs and it's constant stress and anxiety and on top of that I have health anxiety. My latest concern is issues with my eyes and I'm freaking out its eye cancer or a brain tumour. I am gonna try and book an eye test but I'm so scared and I've not had an eye test for about 15 years. I have a floater in one of my eyes, some on and off eye pain in both eyes and occasional flashes in both eyes. Anyone had all of these symptoms and it not been anything serious? Could it be anxiety and stress? Could focusing on it constantly make it worse? I'm just so scared.

Thanks, Louise. Xxxx

Re: Eye cancer or brain tumour. I'm really freaking out

Louise - have you got any help for your anxiety yet?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola, I went to the GP about 6 months about my anxiety and they gave me some tablets and did a blood test which came back OK. The tablets worked for a bit but just keel getting stuck in a viscious cycle with it. I'm stressed anyway so that causes symptoms then I'm googling and that makes the symptoms worse and creates more symptoms which I then get anxious over. I might try counselling. Can anxiety cause issues with your vision/eyes? I do notice the more I think about it the worse it gets.

Xxxx

You come and go on here with various illnesses and then we don't hear back with any updates and then you post again so I am thinking this is all anxiety related but unless you treat that you will keep coming back with new issues.

Have a read of the symptoms website page again on here - it may help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hello! I just wanted to say, as a fellow anxiety sufferer, that there is nothing that anxiety can't make you think you have. It's awful. I just think the more we think about various symptoms, the more they seem to appear because we are kind of looking for them. Not a doctor ... but I do have anxiety and I know it's hard to ignore things when we are fixated on them. I think lots of people have floaters all the time, or from time to time - but we just don't notice them.

Hi, thanks for the response. Yea it's so hard when we are so fixated on symptoms all the time. I have a lot of anxiety and stress to deal with even without health anxiety. I'm a full time single mum to a child with additional needs and he also has epilepsy so I worry about him a lot as well. I just constantly feel stressed and anxious. Any advice on how to relax? When day to day my life is so stressful.

Thanks. Louise. Xxxx

Thread Information