Thank you so much. Tbh I do think this is my anxiety and globus causing me to hyperfocus on what are normal sensations
! And then a bit of reflux in to the mix because I was eating less. But googling and coming on here (which I haven't done for AGES) I started spiralling and thinking my esophagus might have irritation or scar tissue and there's a very good reason why food isn't going down. I'm on a soft food diet at the moment, lots of yoghurts, bananas, soups etc. If I do have bread or crisps I'm chewing and chewing until it's mush. My chewing and swallow just doesn't feel automatic at the moment, I think because I'm focusing on it. I used to wolf my food down lol. If I have the tiniest bit of texture at the moment (even a little piece of chicken in soup) I fear its not going to go down. I'm so sick of what I'm eating at the moment I miss my food, but making myself too anxious to eat. I hope I get the tests ASAP and get all the clear so I know there's nothing wrong with my swallow. I've just started private therapy for anxiety so hopefully that will help too, ive also got an emdr session booked for Thursday. I really don't want this to be something that lasts too long, it's the worst symptom of anxiety I've ever had because if I don't eat properly I feel like I'm shutting down. I think I'll do the same as you and keep trying to encorporate something solid. Just gets me down because I've cancelled 5 meals out in the last 2 weeks because I know I can't eat!! Hope you're back to normal soon x