Thread: Panicking - pancreatic cancer fear

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Panicking - pancreatic cancer fear

It's always horrible to read medical reports when you had no idea there had been findings that hadn't been shared with you. Hopefully you have been able to get in touch with your doctor now to ask about the mention of the MRI.
    This is probably no help at all but when my dad had pancreatitis caused by gallstones it was also mentioned in various scan reports before he had his gallbladder removed that he had some 'cysts' but no one at the time thought it was necessary to do anything about them.
    I'm sure that if you'd had something sinister for two years you would know about it by now. Definitely don't google in the meantime, and hopefully your doctor will be able to explain and reassure you

Re: Panicking - pancreatic cancer fear

Thank you! Unfortunately my doctor couldn't see me until May 16, but in the meantime I sent a message to her through the patient portal with a copy of the report (though she can easily access it herself through my record) asking if she thinks it's in need of urgent attention.

I'm trying to focus on the fact that it's been 2 years and at the time it was detected it was sort of big (about 2 cm, which in my limited knowledge seems to be big when it comes to tumors or other growths) but since then I haven't experienced any symptoms, or at least nothing I thought twice about. It just sucks because the pancreatic cancer hole is one I hadn't fallen down yet, and I can't write it off as anxiety because there are no obvious symptoms but there is an abnormal test result

Thread Information