Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
That's not the case here. Urgent care is for 'URGENT' issues. This was not 'urgent'. Clear tests and a history of fibrocystic breasts affirm that. If the OP was that concerned, a call to her doctor and not rushing off to 'urgent' care would have been in order. I'm with the urgent care doctor on this one and depending on how busy the clinic was, she had actual cases and patients to see. The pattern of HA sufferers that visit urgent care clinics, ERs, getting unnecessary tests and such due to their fears and ramping up the dragon with Dr. Google is well documented here and has nothing to do with the things you mentioned.

Getting help for the real issue (anxiety/HA/OCD) is the best solution.

FMP
Agreed FMP.

Not saying OP is at fault. Anxiety is dreadful when you're in the thick of it. I'm convinced anxiety is part of the OCD spectrum.

One time on this forum I was in a bad state for weeks. Members here seen me getting worse. I told the forum I was going to A&E because of my ectopic heartbeats. Everyone told me it's anxiety, and not to bother, but I went anyway. Complete waste of time.

Urgent care, and A&E, will not deal with any issue that isn't an emergency. My Dad was in pain when his cancer was visibly growing and he called an ambulance. A&E sent him back home because there was nothing they could do except administer pain medications and wait for his oncologist to get back to him. At the time I thought this was disgusting, but I learned that there was nothing A&E could do for him.

It's important to remember, if you're not in a life threatening state, or you're not injured, there is nothing urgent care or A&E can do for you.