Thread: B12 extreme worries

B12 extreme worries

Hi,
    Long story but I’ve been dealing with urine issues for years on and off, which I know is triggered by extreme stress and anxiety. However, I was put on an antibiotic a few months ago that it turns out I didn’t need, and since then I’ve had non-stop symptoms that line up with a b12 deficiency. I was given folate to take for 3 months to build that up as it was close to deficiency but they insist my b12 levels are totally normal and nothing to worry about, but the Reddit forum for b12 has my brain totally convinced otherwise. I recognise there that basically no matter who posts there, the community will tell them they do have the issue and tell them to self-inject as doctors as too stupid or ignorant on the subject which I know is objectively crazy, but my mind is totally fixated on it. My symptoms are;
    * headaches
    * Insomnia
    * Dehydration
    * Chest pain/tightness
    * Throat pain/tightness
    * Weak, sore muscles
    * No appetite
    * White tongue
    * Heart palpitations
    * Brain fog
    * Spots in my vision
    * Sweating
    * Heightened anxiety
    * Pins and needs in hands/feet
    The doctors have insisted that all this is being cause by nothing other than extreme anxiety and I’ve been put on anti-anxiety meds. Is it possible all of this is just anxiety and will go away with these anti anxiety meds?

Re: B12 extreme worries

I've also been having all theses symptoms (I've actually rejoined no panic after 18 years and having all theses symptoms) and haven't got a clue.

Re: B12 extreme worries

Quote Originally Posted by Ntswn View Post
    Hi,
    Long story but I’ve been dealing with urine issues for years on and off, which I know is triggered by extreme stress and anxiety. However, I was put on an antibiotic a few months ago that it turns out I didn’t need, and since then I’ve had non-stop symptoms that line up with a b12 deficiency. I was given folate to take for 3 months to build that up as it was close to deficiency but they insist my b12 levels are totally normal and nothing to worry about, but the Reddit forum for b12 has my brain totally convinced otherwise. I recognise there that basically no matter who posts there, the community will tell them they do have the issue and tell them to self-inject as doctors as too stupid or ignorant on the subject which I know is objectively crazy, but my mind is totally fixated on it. My symptoms are;
    * headaches
    * Insomnia
    * Dehydration
    * Chest pain/tightness
    * Throat pain/tightness
    * Weak, sore muscles
    * No appetite
    * White tongue
    * Heart palpitations
    * Brain fog
    * Spots in my vision
    * Sweating
    * Heightened anxiety
    * Pins and needs in hands/feet
    The doctors have insisted that all this is being cause by nothing other than extreme anxiety and I’ve been put on anti-anxiety meds. Is it possible all of this is just anxiety and will go away with these anti anxiety meds?
    B12 levels are pretty material if you have been tested. I feel you have to try to trust Drs. Find one you feel is diligent and stick with them. All of your symptoms can 100% be anxiety.

Forums full of strangers are not the way to go for medical advice. We live in an age that has devalued experts (thanks to unethical politicians on the whole) but most do what is right and have the knowledge.

To give an example I had a blood test value that was a tiny bit out. A GP (not my regular one) ordered a repeat. It was even more out. I practically ordered my coffin. But my GP looked at my history, took time to carefully look at guidelines and gave me a reason this would be the case for me and said she was not worried. If I googled or went on a forum it woulyoud tell me to be more concerned. I choose to trust my Dr and her joined up knowledge and experience.

I know there can be Drs out there who don't take time, explain or listen. You need that. Then you need to maybe work with a therapist. We all understand the struggle on here.

Thread Information