Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irregular bleeding between periods

Irregular bleeding between periods

Hi everyone

I'm nearly 35 and have 3 children (18, 6 and 1 - younger two born via csection) I'm not on any contraception and I'm definitely not pregnant.

My periods are generally pretty regular (since I've had my baby they have been between 23 and 35 days but a variation of days has always been normal for me)

I had my period 26th to 30th April so not due again until roughly 24th May.

Over the weekend I started having spotting. It seemed to be when I was straining to have a poo (I have ibs so vary between constipation and diarrhoea)
    It was brown stained discharge and now its turned light red/pink. It isn't there every time I go the toilet and when it is, it's only when I wipe.
    This may be tmi but I have felt up there a few times and then I have some blood on my finger, so it's definitely coming from there.
    I haven't felt for my cervix for a long time (I use to when trying to conceive) but I know that I used to be able to feel it so I don't understand why I can't now.
    I went to the Dr's yesterday and he was so laid back and basically like wait 6 weeks and see how it is. Not sure why 6 weeks?? He said probably hormonal. But I have never bled between periods before.
    I've got an appointment with a female Dr on Monday and also have my smear booked for 10th June as its due this year anyway.

I'm convinced I have cancer of some sort. I'm so scared. My mum died from breast cancer in 2022 and I can't get it out of my head that I have cancer now ☹️

Re: Irregular bleeding between periods

It sounds like ovulation? If it's at roughly the halfway point, that's definitely what it could be. My cycle is typically about 24 days (give or take 2-3 either way) and I tend to experience brown-tinged discharge, and sometimes actual blood, on or around day 11, and it can last a few days.

Also, I had never had it happen until about 3-4 years ago (I'm 43). Perimenopause can start as early as your 30s, and with that comes changes in your normal cycle, so I think your doctor is right to not freak out too much.

I think my ovulation is all over the place because my periods can be a bit erratic with the days they come. But it's more blood then I would think you would get with ovulation bleeding.
    I googled and wish I hadn't because I'm sure you can guess what it brought up xxx

I get ovulation bleeding every once in a while, have done since I was a teen. I think you're okay to listen to your doctor on this one.

Thank you both for replying. I'm super confused now because it's turned into my actual period. I have no idea why it would be early and why its taken days to start properly xxx

Could be that you're having a rogue one?

Re: the spotting, mine usually takes a day or so to start and occasionally three or four. It threw me for a loop this month when I didn't get a couple of days of warning spotting.

Bodies are weird.

I'm even more confused now because it's not like a normal period, much lighter!
    I think rogue periods are for women who have gone through the menopause? Xxx

I had a couple of these last year. Stupid question, but could the self checking have induced bleeding?

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
    I don't think it did. I didn't scratch myself or anything xxx

I just turned 47, so a little older than you. Most of my HA centres around gynae cancers, and I have the horrible habit of checking myself until I bleed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information