Thanks, Poppy! If you lived in southeastern Pennsylvania, I'd recommend my doctor in a second. I dread the day she retires, and I know she's pushing 60, so that day might come sooner than I want it to.

I did hear back from the office today; unfortunately my insurance company still seems disinclined to authorize the CT scan even with the notes. They told me it might be a good idea to get on the phone to them myself and harass them. I don't know what I'm going to do if they keep denying it (they officially haven't yet, but apparently the conversation didn't go well).

I'm sorry you had that experience. It can be really difficult and frustrating trying to get our loved ones to understand what's going on inside our heads. I don't really talk about it with my family either, but my husband lives with me, so I can't hide it from him that well. We did end up talking it out last night and I think he understands that it goes a lot deeper than just "worrying too much". He still doesn't understand what it feels like, but I don't get his PTSD either (though I still wouldn't yell at him for having an episode).