Thread: Had mirena coil fitted due to adenomyosis

Had mirena coil fitted due to adenomyosis

I had a procedure done yesterday and while I was there I was fitted with the mirena coil.
    The doctor recommended it because my periods are so heavy and painful. She said I have a condition known as adenomyosis, which is the cause of my monthly horrors.
    I'm just feeling a bit nervous today about the coil. Does anyone here have it? I think I'm a little worried about potential short term and long term side effects.

Re: Had mirena coil fitted due to adenomyosis

I had one and no issues at all with it

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The only person I've ever known have issues with Mirena - and I've known a lot - is somebody with very severe endometriosis dating back decades. Everyone else I know loves theirs.

Thanks Nicola and BlueIris, it was reassuring to hear your replies.

But I'm starting to get a little worried about it now. I had it fitted last Thursday, 8 days ago. I had some bleeding that day and again the next day, which was to be expected. Then on Saturday I got my period, it was due that day. My period was a little different to usual but I didn't mind that. But I'm still bleeding and today is day 7. And it's bright red blood. Usually towards the end it turns either pink or brown. But all day yesterday and again this morning I'm getting these sharp stabbing pains. And the strange thing is that they feel more like they're in my bowel than in my uterus. I don't know if this is something normal, is my body just adjusting to the coil, especially when I got a period 2 days after having it fitted.
    I'm not sure what to do but the bright red blood and the stabbing pains are starting to worry me

Thread Information