Thread: hi everyone!

Smile hi everyone!

hi, my names lisa and i am new on here. basicaly i came on here for someone to chat to. im not sure what it realy is thats wrong with me but here are some of my symptoms (if thats what you call them)
    i constantly worry about everything, even when i know it is redicolous coz theres nothin to be worried about!
    i have to check four times when i lock the door etc. if ive used my hair straightners a worry all day wether ive turned them off or not and usualy have to ring my nan and get her to check,and the answer is always yes!
    when listening to music, tv etc i have to have volume on an even number, cannot stand it being on an odd number, just doesnt feel right!
    and this is going to sound realy crazy but sometimes i hear a voice in my head (not an actual voice ofcourse!) telling me that if i dont do something say by a certian time or something, that something bad will happen!
    this is only a few of the things as it would take all day to list them all but if any1 has any advise plz let me know, thanx xx

Re: hi everyone!

Hi there..

What you are saying sounds like you have symptoms of OCD. I use to be exactly how you tell it. Had to do things certain amounts of times and that "voice". Even though i don't suffer badly anymore, i will STILL get that voice saying i have to do something otherwise bad will happen.

I'm sure you'll get lots of advice and support here

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Hello glitterprincessto you!

Yes, as bluebell says it does sound rather like some form of ocd. have you seen your GP about it? if you haven't I would suggest you make an appointment so that you can be sure either way.

You'll get plenty of help and support here, so don't worry you're not alone!

Pleased to meet you!

hello lisa my name is Emma im new to this to but have been living with panic for quite some time now, would love to share experiences etc with you but am not sure how this works take care wont you

hello glitterprincess and welcome sounds to me you have ocd i use to do that alot as a kid as in something tellin me i have to do something at a certain time or something bad would happen...strange what are minds can do but there is alot of info here about it and also alot who suffer with this also.wish ya the best..........linda

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi Lisa and

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike

Hi Lisa

Just wanted to welcome you to NMP also, its lovely to see you here hun.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Lisa

aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to NMP. You sould a lot like me. I too worry about everything and have many different symptoms of OCD. I went to my doctor and got help and I'm doing much better, also got some counseling. You will find many here feel like you do and will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

Thread Information