Thread: thought id got through it????

Unhappy thought id got through it????

Hi
    Ive been in Cipralex( esctalapram) for 6 weeks now and upto now felt great and life was becoming so much better , i didnt feel panicky or anything. Then the other day my heart started racing again and i feel the panic coming back.

iS THIS NORMAL ? im on 5mg and thought id got through this? iS IT NORMAL TO HAVE SETBACKS LIKE THIS?
    Please help and put my mind at rest.

Elly
    x

Re: thought id got through it????

hi elly

i have been on citalopram for 2 weeks - waiting for my improvement to start so well done - you have obviously been feeling much better. the first thing that comes to mind is maybe your heart raced for another reason - excitement/caffeine etc and then you added on the panic because you confused it with panic if you see what i mean. i would try deep breathing for 20 mins 3 times a day and see how you feel over the next few days. i think its pretty normal to still have episodes of panic/anxiety on meds but they should pass quicker. x

Hi thanks Joan
    I think whenyou start taking meds you expect them to work all thetime. i never expected to have a set back after feeling so good. Its been three days like this now ands everytime i try and sleep my heart thumps away so hard. It makes me angry at myself because i really thought i was getting better. I do have a bad cold at the moment maybe thats not helped. I think i will up my tablets to 10mg a day. Doc said to do that if i needed to . I will let you know how i get on.
    Many thanks for your kind words it really does help.
    Elly
    x

hi elly

i think your heartbeat is faster because of your cold. i had a virus a few years ago and when i got my blood pressure checked for the contraceptive pill - my heart rate/blood pressure was up. apparently its when you have a slight temperature. also watch out for caffeine in cold remedies! i once took beechams powders for 24 hrs and my heart literally rattled and raced for another 24! x

You have not been taking them long at all so please don't worry, small setbacks are normal and part of the process with medication and without it, from what i have read it can take upto 4 months to feel the full benefit of Cipralex and during that time you should notice progress all the time. I would stick with the 5mg longer and don't worry about small blips, you need to remain positive because what counts most is how you deal with these small blips.

Thread Information