Thread: High Pulse rate - over 100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: High Pulse rate - over 100

A normal pulse rate for an adult is between 60 and 100. So what you may consider high might be normal for another person. When you visit your doctor, if your pulse is anywhere between 60 and 100, you will be considered as having a normal heart rate.

I went into the hospital with a heart rate of 150 a few months ago. It was all from panic and anxiety. My heart rate was between 120 and 130 for days after that incident because I just couldn't calm down (and I caught the flu from being in the hospital!!). My husband suffered from a severe panic attack a few years ago where his heart rate was 220. He was observed over night and then diagnosed with a panic attack. No damage was done to his heart.

I wouldn't worry at all about having your heart rate over 100. Here's one thing that reassures me - when I go to bed, I know that I will calm down when I'm sleeping and my heart will get "a break" from the stress of the day. Maybe if you look at it that way, you'll feel a little better!

I agree with all the above. My pulse rate is generally over 100 and has been since at least 1988 which was when I found out it wasn't the same as everyone else's! I went to my doc's in my usual panic, he looked me over & confirmed it was just my natural state. It's been the same ever since and I've never had any heart problems. In fact, my heart is the only thing I dont' panic about! You can relax - we're all different.

Normal for me is anything from 76 - 100 .. but lately its been between 111-136 .. which my doc has reassured me that's not abnormally fast .. its panic / anxiety that causes it

Thread Information