Thread: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A Thread for Newcomers Worried about Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Good post Dooges!!!

*edit* just realised itoldyouiwasill originally wrote this. you have a great way of explaining it all.*edit*

I went though the same thing only last year. I had the muscle twitches, limb jerking, preceived weakness in left arm, pain in left arm for 2 months, dizzyness, blured vision.... even tripping over objects.

I coudln't understand why all of this would suddenly occur as i thought i never really had anxiety in the past.

So in a nutshell i spent 5 months worrying about MS and MND. Most people around here might remember me lol...... (itoldyouiwasill toldmeiwasntill so many times) My Gp told me i was fine, and after 4 months of symptoms sent me to a neuro, who also told me i was fine. I didnt belive them though.... well i did, as i left feeling happy everything was ok, but its like your brain wont let it go.

What finally made me realise that i had anxiety was reading my neuros report. He wrote everything we spoke about, almost as if he was writing a novel. You could even sense his tone and how he was astonished that i would think i had MS or MND in the first place. It made me feel like a proper hypocondryact.

I dont belive i am a hypocondryact but my doctor has listed me down on his computer as one. Guess i have no way of shaking label away lol.

So in September 2008..... after 5 months of symptoms and realising nothing was wrong with me.... (Your brain really has to accept it 100%) my symptoms - mostly muscle twitching and limb jerking slowy faded away. It took 3 months and didnt go overnight or in a week or two.

So basicaly ive been symptom free since Christmas. Ofcourse i get the odd twitch and limb jerk.... but thats normal. I only just notice it due to what i went through.

It saddens me that people still have to suffer from this heath anxiety.... i wasted 5 months of my life with it.
    Last edited by AcroSplat; 08-02-09 at 21:11.

Thread Information