Thread: Hormonal imbalance-Just how bad can it make you feel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hormonal imbalance-Just how bad can it make you feel?

Im sure hormaones have played a massive role in my recent relapse. I came off the contraceptive pill and became extremly tense and anxious despite there not being any triggers for this. It was my husband who reminded me that i felt bad when i previously stopped taking the pill. I read that it was due to hormone withdrawel and related to the synthetic hormornes my body was no longer getting from the pill. My dr confirmed that stopping the pill could have contributed to intense anxiety feelings. About 4 weeks later i am starting to feel less tense and anxious (could be related to my body returning to its normal cycle?), however i have definatly relapsed unfortunatly.
    I have always believed that my hormones have contributed to how i have felt in relation to anxiety. Hope this helps x

Re: Hormonal imbalance-Just how bad can it make you feel?

Quote Originally Posted by mary3 View Post
    Im sure hormaones have played a massive role in my recent relapse. I came off the contraceptive pill and became extremly tense and anxious despite there not being any triggers for this. It was my husband who reminded me that i felt bad when i previously stopped taking the pill. I read that it was due to hormone withdrawel and related to the synthetic hormornes my body was no longer getting from the pill. My dr confirmed that stopping the pill could have contributed to intense anxiety feelings. About 4 weeks later i am starting to feel less tense and anxious (could be related to my body returning to its normal cycle?), however i have definatly relapsed unfortunatly.
    I have always believed that my hormones have contributed to how i have felt in relation to anxiety. Hope this helps x
    mary3

Good that your husband pointed that out for you because it can be pretty hard to know your own mind when your hormones are mixed up!

I can't help feeling that hormones are overlooked and that doctors are far too quick to just bung everyone into the "anxious" category instead of finding out whether there's a hormonal imbalance causing those feelings.

Thread Information