Thread: Swallowing difficulties again! Something serious?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swallowing difficulties again! Something serious?

"Still having problems swallowing, When i swallow it feels very difficult to do so and like something is stuck there and everytime i eat food it feels like it gets stuck at the back of the mouth or throat.

That is why i keep thinking it could be something much more serious like Cancer or something Neurological"

Hi Mate

My tonsils look like yours also , i,ve looked at mine hundreds of times since October last yesr due to a long term sore throat . When i eat i feel like it gets stuck in my back , or throat ...but not all the time ..also get the globus feeling
    Woke up today with a ragging sore throat , i thought i was back to square one like in October (i,m also on anti acid meds ) ....but No , i have a runny nose and acheing all over tonight , thank God its just a normal sore throat and man flu i,m made up seriously !

Reason for posting .......i concentrated so much on my sore throat today when i was eating i didn,t feel any globus feeling or my food "sticking" , first time in months , that proves to me theres nothing in my throat or back or it would be there all the time .
    I do however get alot of sore throats , perhaps its due to my tonsils but mine is a normal sore throat this time , not two months of constant burning with two hours sleep at night which kicked off my Anxiety and depression .

Just another thought eggy , do you feel the food "touching" your tonsils on the way down ?? i do sometimes and this panicks me , some of my swallowing problems are in the morning like i,m swallwing to much air and that i,m full of air and can,t swallow .....the more i think about it and swallow the worse it gets ......i had this really bad one sunday and felt like i was chokeing , but distracted myself watching a local rugby match and it went away of sorts . i also get lots of stabbing chest pain/dull aches , i can honestly say i no longer care , i,ve lost 4 months , possibly 5 months of my life due to this HA and depression and it isn,t going to beat me.

I also lost 1.5 stone very very quickly , in say 6-7 weeks , i,ve put over a stone back on this year .
    Your miles younger than me mate , think positive and beat what is probably anxiety ....nothing else .
    I,ve read loads of your posts on here since i joined and they have been a comfort to me , because i know that theres nothing wrong with your throat with all the tests you have had , i,ve got or had the same problems , your still here and that made me feel better and my syptyms seem to be the same or no worse so theres nothing wrong with me either
    Take care i hope you get peace of mind soon

Also whenever i exercise my throat goes so dry and feels like it's closing up.

Thread Information