Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My GP has suggested pregabalin

Re: My GP has suggested pregabalin

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I don't mind feeling hungry! Just not the weight gain which is inexplicable like the Mirtazapine! But I have a history of anorexia and bulimia so I am hyper sensitized to all body changes which is a blinking pain! I am still contemplating. My husband is anti me trying another drug as he thinks the last one was evil. But yesterday I was shaking so badly and had to drive my car to the garage which was torture. I mean I made it but it feels so unfair to be feeling so awful about tasks other people don't even think about.

I really want to try it and see what happens but I am so scared of the Mirt experience...

Hi, I was also scared to try it, but honestly, it has helped me immensely and I don't know where I'd be without them. If you have any questions about them, please ask, I have been on them since August.
    Lou

Hiya

I too have a history of anorexia and, later on, bulimia and was very very worried about any psych drugs making me put on extra weight. But in the end, somehow (admittedly after 3months inpatient therapy) I concluded that a little extra weight was a small price to pay if it meant I was more 'well' otherwise.

I have been on god knows how many drugs, but one of the current ones (been on it for about 2.5 years) is Pregabalin... I'm now at 600mg a day which is the highest dose I believe. It DOES work...ok, not 'work' but really, really help. To the point where I am actually able to have a life again. I also have Lorazepam on PRN but I'm needing to take it less and less because the pregablin IS helping

Hi Splat

Thanks for that. I have gone back to prozac as my bulimia was triggered by the Mirtazapine. Instead I have increased my prozac dose and it has helped alot. I think pregabalin is a drug that is staying on my to try list if things get bad again though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information