Thread: I'm almost in tears from this stupid panic

I'm almost in tears from this stupid panic

Today I noticed a line had shown up on my thumb that looked like part of a vein, it didn't worry me more than a little but just recently I've noticed the thumb has swollen a bit, seems to be just below that area and then where the swelling seems to go down I can see a vein again (I've been used to seeing my veins all over the place since my anxiety started up again, seems to be they show up more now).

I'm trying to be logical but I can't help myself from being almost terrified. It's not red and there's no pain but it's just so weird, maybe if it had just the swelling I wouldn't be so scared, I have no idea. I just feel horrible with nerves and fears, it's not very swollen but I feel I'm about to go crazy even though I know I'm not.

I don't feel I can tell anyone else because they wouldn't understand why I am so scared and I don't dare search for symptoms because I know it'll probably throw up really scary stuff.

I really want to stop worrying about it and not feel so horrible, I just don't know how, I don't know when I'll be able to see a doctor next & I don't want to feel this bad until then.

Edited to add this:
    Okay now there's a red mark on the area, it's similar to 2 other ones (but this 1 has a very small blood line with it) I have gotten recently, in one my arm and another my leg, they almost reminds me of a reaction but to what? Similar to a rash or if you'd be burnt.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Alright I found out something (not from the Internet but still reliable source) that has calmed down my worries about it, it's very likely just sprained a bit but look how I reacted over it!
    Last edited by rock chick; 04-04-12 at 11:09.

Re: I'm almost in tears from this stupid panic

Sounds like you have calmed a little. I self checked frequently and from bitter experience the more you look the more you find. Also the net is more of a curse than a help! Feel free to message me anytime x

Thread Information