Page 25 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

hey all, Don't be afraid of going up to 40mg, I've been on prozac 13 weeks and I went up to 40mg 3 weeks ago and i barely had any added side effects and i feel a lot better already, i only have a little anxiety in the morning and that's it, i don't get that rush of panic anymore. Also my sleep schedule is back to normal which is great. My only lasting symptom from anxiety is that foggy head feeling, I can't wait for that to lift so i can feel normal again. keep fighting everybody

Hi Kenney

Thanks as ever for your positive message. It really sounds like you've got this anxiety nonsense beaten
    I've definitely found that sleep has a massive effect on my anxiety. So I'm trying hard to get back into a decent sleep pattern too.

Thanks Kenney for the positivity.

I'm struggling again just keep thinking I'm never going to get better and these meds will never work. I'm so tired but cannot rest, feels like I'm now getting different symptoms of anxiety that iv never had before mostly my muscles in my legs feel like there really tense all the time and I have to keep moving them.

Iv been work all week just done shorter hours so I suppose that is a positive.

Hi all

Bit better day today. Anxiety hasn't been too bad so far and no big side effects for once.

Well done Avm on managing a full week at work, that's great progress, you should be really proud of yourself.

Day 34 20mg
    Last edited by Panicer; 11-02-17 at 16:27.

Day 41 for me today and I have had some ok days I wouldn't say good but ok. My anxiety levels seem to be quite high but my mood has increased a bit. Hoping that the 20mg is going to be enough and when I go for my review on Friday they don't increase my dose.

The worries and negative thoughts I have don't seem to be bothering me like they used to I'm still very aware of them but they don't effect me like they was. I still find myself reminding myself I'm ill especially if I go out I find myself comparing myself to other people and looking at people and thinking they look normal, happy, etc. Not sure if this is the depression or anxiety but hoping it goes away as the weeks go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Avm View Post
    I still find myself reminding myself I'm ill especially if I go out
    That should diminish after a while, but CBT teaches very effective techniques for countering such toxic thinking patterns so is worth pursuing, imo. Most NHS trusts provide some free sessions.

I find myself comparing myself to other people and looking at people and thinking they look normal, happy, etc.
    Don't be fooled. Psychiatric illnesses are more prevalent than you probably realise. According to the official statistics about 1 in 6 adult Britons a common psychiatric disorder/s. The true figure is almost certainly higher. Too many suffer in silence because of the stigma, and others don't recognise the real nature of what ails them so don't seek help, or not the right type of help.

Hi all,

Week 15- just to check in with you all.
    I feel that I have finally beaten my demons ! I wake up in the mornings and so look forward to the day ahead. The anxiety and negative feelings are gone and I feel normal for the first time in about a year.

If you are having any doubts about fluoxetine....try to be strong and push on. ..the good times are coming and you will find the happiness and contentment you so deserve.
    Well done for how far you've come, I will never forget how tough it was and will always be grateful for the positivity and care this forum has shown me.

You take care now.
    Much love Blue. xxx

Thanks Bluehair for the positive comment.

I am hoping to get to the stage where I can enjoy life again because at the minute the days just drag, I have some ok days but they are not good. Day 42 today and I'm feeling really tired, still not sleeping very good I used to have about 9 hours a night and now I'm having about 4-5 so wake up feeling tired. Iv not slept till my alarm for about 50 days I just wake really early every morning around 4-5am.

Still on the 20mg and hoping for more results as week 6 starts tomorrow.

Hi All

Bluehair that's great news, thanks for the encouragement hopefully we'll all be at the same point as you soon.

Avm I'm also finding sleep difficult, hopefully the Fluoxitine will start settling down soon

Hi There I was on here about 4 years ago and had a success story with SERTRALINE 200mg. Last year i finally walked away from a very bad relationship sold my house and have re located away from ex. Im very proud i finally got away from this toxic man. I found I was feeling agitated again and sleeping more than normal. People just said I had been through a lot and to rest and take things easy. But things got worse. I had to change doctors as i now live away from my doctors of many years.
    Im now on day 10 of Fluoxetine 20mg, my biggest improvement has been no excessive sleeping, my anxiety seems worse and my bowels are very loose. my doctor Saturday also has prescribed me 1mg fluanxol twice a day when needed.
    I've been taking my fluoxetine 20mg in the morning.
    Im now writing in this blog for others to see my journey and also get tips and support from others.
    thank you for your time
    Kezz

Page 25 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread Information