Thread: Another question about Perimenoupause from a husband--wife bleeding for two weeks?

Another question about Perimenoupause from a husband--wife bleeding for two weeks?

Hey guys, for the most part I am pretty good about my anxiety, except when it creeps in with my wife. She is a rock, so when I see a bit of worry from her, it gets me going too, so I thought I might come to the women of this forum for a little help.

She is just 45 and absolutely in peri--confirmed with blood tests etc. She went from regular periods a few years ago to absolutely crazy periods, where she would get two periods in a month, then nothing for six months, then a normal one, then one in three months etc. All of that drives her crazy, but nothing anxious. However, the one thing they have all had in common is fairly normal duration.

But now she is having her period after three months, but she just hit day 14 of bleeding, which is unusual for her, but she keeps writing it all off to peri, but is starting to make "I should probably go to the doctor" rumbles, which isn't something she likes to do, and only does so when things get bad.

So my question for the women who have been through this, how unusual was such a long period for you? How concerned should she be? Is 14 days something unheard of for your experience?

Sorry, I am just a husband who is confused by the whole process, as confused as she is sick of it. I am so amazed by the strength you guys have to deal with all this.

Re: Another question about Perimenoupause from a husband--wife bleeding for two weeks

I don't have experience with this, but I'm certain if she called her obgyn they'd be able to tell her over the phone if this is a concern or not. Since her periods have been wacky it's almost certainly just another part of the joy of womanhood. But, any big changes are worth a routine call to the doctor just for peace of mind.

Re: Another question about Perimenoupause from a husband--wife bleeding for two weeks

I had 3week long periods with one week breaks when I was in my early twenties. Turns out it was because my hormones were thrown out by the contraceptive pill I'd just started taking.

Your wife should go to the docs, just for peace of mind. I did, and was sent for a bunch of precautionary tests, which were all negative. Hormones are the worst

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

She is now at the 17 day mark, I think she is calling the doctor tomorrow. I have to admit, for the first time in a long time, I broke down and googled. I am a mess. The thought of those I love suffering cancer etc is really the thing that gets me, and her steady bleeding for 18 days now terrifies me.

From my reading, bleeding that goes on and on, is indicative of perimenopase.

Please keep us posted. I'm beginning to dread the whole perimenopause phase, it isn't going to be easy for those of us with health anxiety.

Thread Information