Thread: fear of developing Agorophobia

fear of developing Agorophobia

Dear all,

I was here before and am diagnosed with puro O where I had a strong fear to develop Schiz.

Near 2 years ago I was on business trip and developed first panic attack in my life and I overnighted in hospital :( After that I developed fear that I will have heart attack but I managed to continue normal life ( work and travel especially as I am sales executive in one airline company and I travel a lot )

Few months ago I decided to fix my health and especially lose weight and to start to go to gym...everything was fine but I started to feel strange sensations and fear when I am in public transport( bus, train, tram), in queue etc.

Symptoms are that I start to be nervous, my hands start to sweat, I feel nausea and nervous stomach, lump in my throat, hard breathing( checking all the time if I can breathe) etc

I am now very afraid that I will develop agorophobia which from my point can destroy my life and I am thinking about it 24/7.

I am not avoiding places and I am fighting but am scared that I will start :(

Anybody had similar issue?

ps - in the past I was 1y on zoloft and had CBT and felt much better

Re: fear of developing Agorophobia

anybody :(

Re: fear of developing Agorophobia

Didn't want to view and run. Sorry I can't help but given the job you do I would think that would be a strong protective factor. If you don't work you don't earn money etc. I get that way when I have to travel abroad, it makes me anxious because I feel safe and familiar at home.

Thread Information