Thread: Anxiety the Beastie

Anxiety the Beastie

Hi All,
    I suffer Anxiety which just "arrives" at around Christmas time most years (last 10 years) My physical symptoms were so severe the first time I was in hospital as I couldn't stop vommiting.
    I'm currently on Duloxetine (60mg all year round then I up it to 90 in November) I would say the lack of interest, depersonalisation & Feeling that you are dying ate the worst to cope with.
    It is really severe & usually lasts about 4-6 weeks. I'm on to week 10 this time, trying not to question why & do all the CBT tools but I'm struggling with being positive & the belief I will recover (I have every other time)

Alegna.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya alegna and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Anxiety the Beastie

Hi Alegna. Really interested to read your post. I seem to be plagued with a similar affliction. Mine usually arrives early jan, and lasts for about 6-8 weeks. i was so bad last year, i was in psysc ward for a spell. its almost like SAD, given the time of year, but the depersonalisation is really bad, and i feel really detached from reality. Ade

Hi Ade

Absolutely feel your pain. I feel I just exist rather than live while I have this. I would love to know how to best prevent it I.e. be the best form of me possible so as to not get it in the first place! Hoping to see a Psychiatrist soon to get my meds reviewed & gain any other advice possible. Stay strong Ade & get what you can from each day.

Alegna.

Hi Alegna. Just wondering how you are doing. Thanks for your reply by the way, really nice of you to take the time

Thread Information