Page 694 of 704 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 7035

Thread: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

Re: Relapse! Coping, Symptoms and Tips.

It isn’t sunlight with me. I remember one started at dusk when we went out for a walk.

I mentioned them at my last opticians check up. She wasn’t bothered. It’s the 20 minute (approx) time scale that labels them as ocular migraines and nothing more

Ghost…Spillways

I remember when that happened to you darksky, it was around late summer / early autumn.
    Yes, 20 minutes. I was actually quite proud of myself. I sat down calmly giving Mr C a running commentary of what was happening, sight distortion, zig zag lights, then moving across the top of my vision and slowly disappearing into the lefthand corner of my vision. Mr C was showing no interest as usual and didn't really understand tbh. Then after the 20 minutes I started preparing dinner. I thought I might have a headache but nothing arrived. This is the 3rd one I've had and curiously 6 months apart.

Bright lights are definitely a trigger for me. I've been known to get one from a candle on a restaurant table.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    People did generally just get on with life no matter what years ago.
    I remember my late dad telling me a story when he weny to docs because he was feeling a little rough.
    The doctor told him he had pneumonia. My dad replied... "I haven't got time for that, I've got a mortgage to pay, a wife and young child to feed, I've got no choice but to go to work". Well after a couple of weeks of working as usual and returning for a checkup he actually had a good bill of health and no pneumonia. I'm not saying anyone should go to work with pneumonia but the resilience of past generations is certainly impressive.
    Our grandfathers / great grandfathers in the war, you just can't imagine what they went through and how it affected them. The women too.
    And yes, maybe it was shut up, not spoken about, silent suffering, but have we gone too far in today's world with dissecting every pain, feeling and medication? Do we wrap ourselves up in cotton wool too much.
    CBT is basically exposure but isn't that a polite way of telling you to get out there and live your life no matter how you feel.

Talking of exposure...
    I found myself out of my comfort zone yesterday.
    Adter many years of not driving and only driving into town and back for the last two years. Circumstances had me driving a good 12 miles with basically no stopping.
    Nothing bad happened because of it. Yes, I was nervous and aware I was pushing out of my comfort zone and going at a speed I had not driven at for nearly ten years (50 mph) instead of my normal 30mph. But it was OK. I did it and I was aware of doing it and I wasn't affected by it. Sometimes a circumstance allows you to do something that you think you can't do but realistically it's only a thought preventing you. You are stronger than you think!
    I think you're probably correct in many ways Carnation; I think we can be a bit too namby-pamby and disproportionately risk averse on occasions these days, and I sometimes believe it can be an excuse for laziness.

But by the same token, having too much of an 'anything goes' attitude to many things can also constitute laziness in its own right.

I guess it's ultimately about trying to strike a reasonable balance between the two extremes, which I know is often easier said than done.

I think what you meant to say, Lenco, was that Carnation did really well to push herself and face her fears like that?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I think what you meant to say, Lenco, was that Carnation did really well to push herself and farce her fears like that?
    Yes, I agree now I've been reminded.

I would now (albeit belatedly) like to congratulate Carnation for facing her fears, and well done to her.

Silly me for having a one-track minded moment!

Happens to all of us, don't worry about it

Lol, thank you BlueIris x
    I'm thinking it is bright light with me. All three times was from inadvertently looking at the sun without shades or a hat.

There may be something in the bright light thing though, I have had one start in a lamp lit room while staring down at my iPad. But yeah, my dusk one was late summer/ autumn last year. They are disconcerting but as long as the optician isn’t bothered that’s fine.

Ghost…Spillways

I read it's nothing to be concerned about darksky.
    The first one I had scared the crap out of me. Not literally, lol.

Page 694 of 704 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696 ... LastLast

Thread Information