Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where are you from?

Re: where are you from?

I come from Liverpool origionally, but lived in the midlands until I met my other half in 2006, then lived in Germany until last year. Now live near my old mom and one of my sons, on the North Wales coast within the Snowdonia National Park

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Pretty sure im from a different planet to you lot but I call Nottingham home ( Robin Hood county ) I'd rather be near the coast but it's called the midlands for reason right in the middle no sea in sight .
    Magic , Ive been to stoke twice ( longton to be exact ) I was sixteen going to a punk gig but instead I got drunk on the train and got put straight off the train into a cell for the night and back on the first train out in the morning , the second time was going back with my dad on the Monday to court for being drunk and disorderly and swearing on a train , the funny part was hearing a solicitor say the words to frigging in the rigging by the sex pistols which is what I was singing on said train , they did say don't come back so I haven't , happy days .
    Just had to smile about your visit to the cells.My daughter was Punk and loved The sex pistols. Bet you did not feel all that good the next day.
    Your poor Dad. I bet he wasn't laughing at the time x

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:19 ----------

What a beautiful place where Fishman lives.

Catherine I love Liverpool. Also North Wales and Snowdonia. Been there many times. Not to far for a holiday. From Stoke x

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLiuna View Post
    I’m a short drive from Exeter in Devon (UK)

Nice down that way LunaLiuna

During the years when my hubby was having to move around the UK with his job, we were sent to Devon...to Brixham, such a beautiful place, and just how it was depicted on the telly in the series called Fish Town. It definitely compensated us for having to move yet again.

Magic...we love that we've been able to move from Germany to this beautiful part of Wales, and here we will be staying

Cath x

I live and work in both Boston and New York City - The north east part of the US.

Next time you're in the neighborhood stop in.

N.

Born in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England then migrated to Auckland, New Zealand when I was 7 in 1964.

We sailed on the SS Oriana, through the Suez Canal, it took six weeks to get there. When I arrived in New Zealand, I thought I'd landed in paradise, it was so sunny and the colours so bright.

It's Maori name is Aotearoa which means 'Land of the Long White Cloud.' It's truly one of the most beautiful countries in the world

I live in The Netherlands near the beautiful city of Groningen .

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Staffs, more specifically the home of the oatcake, the spitfire, Malcolm off Watching and the captain of the Titanic. Even more specifically, I'm near where one of the most violent riots in the Industrial Revolution took place which locals seemed to reenact at chucking out time quite frequently
    Plastic glasses in all the pubs?

Thanks for not bringing up that fake singer bloke from Stoke!

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GiovanniNL View Post
    I live in The Netherlands near the beautiful city of Groningen .

Nice! Oh and i've now got a place to stay when i go to Assen

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    Plastic glasses in all the pubs?

Thanks for not bringing up that fake singer bloke from Stoke!
    They used to on bank holidays. Probably only in the worst places now.

Fake singer? Could he be described as "that fat singer from Take That" by a certain Gallagher brother?

To add to Magic's list - Sir Stanley Matthews! All time greatest.

I was born in Liverpool and lived in the Mossley Hill district in the south of the city until I was three. Then we moved to Formby, a pleasant town on the coast between Liverpool and Southport.

Formby is notable for its native red squirrels and as the inspiration behind George Formby's stage name. It also has some of the highest property prices in the north of England, with a millionaires' row populated mainly by Premier League footballers and other local celebrities and the wealthy. In my time I've spotted or encountered an array of famous faces about town, including Steven Gerrard, John Parrott, Wayne and Coleen Rooney, Alan Shearer, Phil Neville, Howard Kendall, David Unsworth, Ricky Lambert and others I can't think of right now. In actual fact, I saw Ricky Lambert walking his dog the other day. Most of those names won't mean much to you if you're not British or don't follow sport!

I went to university in Lancaster for four years, then moved back to Formby. At the age of 28 in 2013 I went to live in the gorgeous little town of Castres in the south of France, but that only lasted five months before the company I was working for moved us all to Belfast. We were disappointed at the time, but I ended up having a great two years in Northern Ireland, before moving to London in 2015. I was enjoying life in London until my breakdown two years ago, and now I'm back living with my parents in Formby.

It's a nice enough place to live, but I just want to get my life back on track so I can have my own place again and live my own life. Everything's been on hold for two years now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information