Thread: Verge of panic attack for 3 days?

Verge of panic attack for 3 days?

I am happy to say that I'd been without a panic attack since April but my nerves seemed to have a turn for the worst this weekend. When at home in my apartment, I had a few things I wanted to do and for some reason my mind couldn't sort out what I wanted to do first. I went ahead and did some paperwork, cleaning, writing, etc. but I felt pressured (without good reason) to not spend too much time doing each thing so I can move to the next one.

It eventually got to be 5:30 and I felt like I'd done hardly anything. I began to feel like I would have a panic attack any moment. My chest muscles in 'that' area began to tighten like the inside of a drum and my arms felt heavy but the actual attack didn't seem to come.

I'm feeling better now but I've been in a tense kind of state for the past couple of days. It's hard to describe. I'm not actually uptight per se but my body feels like it's on edge and my nerves/muscles are ready to go into that spasm.

I'd had trouble sleeping lately, sometimes going a week with only a couple of hours a night. This seems to be leveling off and I'm sleeping well but I don't know if these issues are intertwined. I had been doing great up until now, I hope I don't regress although it's very possible...

Re: Verge of panic attack for 3 days?

Try doing some exercise, even if it's just brisk walking - it will give that adrenaline that's making you feel jittery somewhere to go.

Thread Information