Thread: Hormonal imbalance-Just how bad can it make you feel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hormonal imbalance-Just how bad can it make you feel?

Ladybelle

because I don tknow IF it is hormonal, I worry about what else it might be !!
    That's exactly what's been going on with me, I was told by a doctor a few weeks ago that my "spaced out" feelings were down to anxiety (I never actually mentioned a possible hormone problem at the time) but I believe my hormones have been screwed up for quite some time and have CAUSED my anxiety because I don't wanna be feeling like this, I want to feel great and I look forward to feeling better.

I think that the doc saw me as an anxious "type", but I'm not in general, I've kinda just hit a bloody awful bad patch and have kind of been stewing in it for months partly because no one suggested it might be my hormones and partly because it's just kinda hard to tell whether it is your hormones causing all these terrible feelings. Why don't docs check peoples hormones more readily? I've had to put 2 and 2 together myself.

As for the docs not giving you a blood test to check your hormones, that really isn't on!

I don't know what you've said to them already but maybe just be really to the point and specifically say that you would like a blood test to check your hormones as you have all of the symptoms. Plus hormones are pretty damn important! They shouldn't just cast the possability aside!

Have a look here for info on hormones and there's advice on supplements to help with treating the root cause rather than just treating the symptoms with drugs from the doctor: http://www.marilynglenville.com/general/index.htm

I absolutely identify with what you say about not knowing whether it's your hormones causing these feelings or not and I think, like me, you have been left to stew in these nasty feelings and that does an awful lot of damage, mentally. You need an answer to your hormonal question because not knowing makes things ten times worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Onwards & Upwards View Post
    Ladybelle

That's exactly what's been going on with me, I was told by a doctor a few weeks ago that my "spaced out" feelings were down to anxiety (I never actually mentioned a possible hormone problem at the time) but I believe my hormones have been screwed up for quite some time and have CAUSED my anxiety because I don't wanna be feeling like this, I want to feel great and I look forward to feeling better.

I think that the doc saw me as an anxious "type", but I'm not in general, I've kinda just hit a bloody awful bad patch and have kind of been stewing in it for months partly because no one suggested it might be my hormones and partly because it's just kinda hard to tell whether it is your hormones causing all these terrible feelings. Why don't docs check peoples hormones more readily? I've had to put 2 and 2 together myself.

As for the docs not giving you a blood test to check your hormones, that really isn't on!

I don't know what you've said to them already but maybe just be really to the point and specifically say that you would like a blood test to check your hormones as you have all of the symptoms. Plus hormones are pretty damn important! They shouldn't just cast the possability aside!

Have a look here for info on hormones and there's advice on supplements to help with treating the root cause rather than just treating the symptoms with drugs from the doctor: http://www.marilynglenville.com/general/index.htm

I absolutely identify with what you say about not knowing whether it's your hormones causing these feelings or not and I think, like me, you have been left to stew in these nasty feelings and that does an awful lot of damage, mentally. You need an answer to your hormonal question because not knowing makes things ten times worse!
    I did try the home menopause test twice but both times the second test didnt work properly - but in both cases the first one was positive so in my own mind I am fairly sure it IS hormones but would like some proof, but they just ignore me..... :(

[QUOTE=alisons1043;628740]Its so confusing. Anxiety attacks for no apparant reason, sat at home fully relaxed, fine one minute and full blown attack the next!!! Some days so bad the symptoms last all day, tourture. But then I wake the next morning and nothing at all, not even a lone palpertation!!I have been keeping a diary of my anxiety journey and symptoms for the last couple of months and am almost 100% sure that my hormones are to blame for the bad days and doomy thoughts im getting, as they always seem to fall mid cycle and the week before/after a period. I mentioned this to the doctor and even took the diary with me. I was very upset by the reaction I got, that it is nothing to do with a hormonal imbalance, here have another prescription for prozac!!!! She didnt even ask to see the diary!!! The more I research this the more convinced I am, Eastrogen dominance is the cause of the anxiety!!! That mixed with my overactive mind is a nightmare!!! Does anyone else have any experience of hormonal related anxiety and if so have you had any luck with getting doctors to believe it and possibly refer you on to somebody that can actually help??

Thread Information