Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain tumor fear!

Re: Brain tumor fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Hi Gothfairy,

Head pressure / feeling light headed / off-balance / dizziness - I have experienced the same and like yourself thought it was something serious. Have seen doctors / neurologist / MRI scan - all come back clean and diagnosed with stress / anxiety.

Over the weekend I felt normal (ish) however, since coming into work this morning I can feel the head pressure slowly building......it's tension and am sure your problem is the same.
    Hi Crispy

Thank you - comforting to know you have had the same - I have it all the time now, feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down......is horrible....I am going back to the Dr tomorrow to check my BP again and will mention I still have it.......

'feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down' - am no expert but this very much sounds like a classic tension headache symptom.

After coming back home from work my head feels like it is a vice or something, am on meds. but this just seems to reduce the problem rather than killing it off. At weekends in my own environment - no problem - back to work and it starts again :(

'feels like I have bricks on my forehead pressing down' - am no expert but this very much sounds like a classic tension headache symptom.

After coming back home from work my head feels like it is a vice or something, am on meds. but this just seems to reduce the problem rather than killing it off. At weekends in my own environment - no problem - back to work and it starts again :(
    Hi Crispy

Went back to the GP this morning - BP is still on the higher end but nothing concerning - Dr has though referred me for a head MRI - WTF - seriously stressing - if he did not think its sinister why send me???? My aunt had a brain tumor (benign) years ago and thats when he said Yes you need a MRI - heart nearly stopped!!!!

Hi Gothfairy,

I was referred also for an MRI head scan and was very pleased for it. The procedure took about 15 minutes was no big deal and of course very re-assuring when the results came back as normal.

They are sending you to rule out any more sinister problems - I would definately go for it. If it is of any coincednce I have higher than normal BP too - am active and in reasonable shape for my age - I think a lot of it comes down to our mental state.

Hi Gothfairy,

I was referred also for an MRI head scan and was very pleased for it. The procedure took about 15 minutes was no big deal and of course very re-assuring when the results came back as normal.

They are sending you to rule out any more sinister problems - I would definately go for it. If it is of any coincednce I have higher than normal BP too - am active and in reasonable shape for my age - I think a lot of it comes down to our mental state.
    Thanks - scary though & the waiting for results is the worst thing ever......seriously hate this stuff! GP said that brain tumors are rare and within the last 12 months he has referred about 24 people and they were all normal....... should be reassuring but no, can not stop thinking about it now

Hi again all
    So the forehead pressure seemed to go slightly last week and all of this week it is back and driving me to despair, really do not know what is going on.

Have been wearing my new glasses as instructed by the Optometrist but nothing is working......really feels like this is a brain tumor and I have weeks to live!!!

Brain tumours don't come and go as they please. You've been seen by professionals who diagnosed you. You need help for HA, nothing else

Hi,

As above, I do not believe you have a brain tumour - the head pressure / dizziness are as a likely result of tension type headaches. I also had eyes tested, new prescription, but the head problems remained.

You more than likely are suffering this as a result of anxiety / stress or something that is making you unhappy. Our subconscious is very powerful and cannot be tricked - how do I know this - because I suffer the exact same, at worst my balance feels all over the place it's horrible :(

Thank you for the replies....I wish the MRI would just get done now so that I know what is going on....its horrible just to worry....when I stand the pressure on my forehead is terrible....it goes after 30 seconds but then the pressure headache on my forehead will persist :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gothfairy View Post
    it goes after 30 seconds
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

I'll have the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 25-06-18 at 14:54.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information