Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Security

Re: Security

I am guessing you are all using Firefox to log into NMP........this came in when firefox updated last, which it would have done in the last week or so... mine updated tonight.

NMP not beng a 'secure' site just means that the information such as your password is not encrypted so yes potentially your account could be at risk BUT NMP does not hold any of your important information, no credit card number or bank card number, no address and not even your name... the only thing personal to you that is on your NMP account is your email address so I am pretty sure no one would actually want to 'compromise' your login on NMP. I am pretty confident NMP is safe....

The scurity cetificate costs per month or per year which puts more running costs on to NMP which at the minute Nic really cant afford.... as I say I am really quite confident that NMP is safe without it as there are no details held on your account.

if you are worried then maybe you could change your email address on your account to one which isn't your main email address....... but to me there wouldn't me much point as it is something which is very very very unlikely to happen!

here is the page explaining the update to firefox.... https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Prote...fox/ta-p/27861
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 17-03-17 at 00:23.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Emmz is correct and this will also happen in Chrome.

This is purely a move by the browser developers to make it more obvious which sites are using https for login/personal details and is really not an issue as far as NMP is concerned.

If you are concerned then I would follow Emmz advice and create a new email address just for NMP.

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    I am guessing you are all using Firefox to log into NMP........this came in when firefox updated last, which it would have done in the last week or so... mine updated tonight.

NMP not beng a 'secure' site just means that the information such as your password is not encrypted so yes potentially your account could be at risk BUT NMP does not hold any of your important information, no credit card number or bank card number, no address and not even your name... the only thing personal to you that is on your NMP account is your email address so I am pretty sure no one would actually want to 'compromise' your login on NMP. I am pretty confident NMP is safe....

The scurity cetificate costs per month or per year which puts more running costs on to NMP which at the minute Nic really cant afford.... as I say I am really quite confident that NMP is safe without it as there are no details held on your account.

if you are worried then maybe you could change your email address on your account to one which isn't your main email address....... but to me there wouldn't me much point as it is something which is very very very unlikely to happen!

here is the page explaining the update to firefox.... https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Prote...fox/ta-p/27861
    Hi Venusbluejeans I totally understand what you are saying. As you probably aware cyber crime is growing fast and even email addresses are important to scammers which can aern them money. So registraition details when registering on here aren't kept after registering? As for the online shop on here is this safe? Cheers

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Hi Venusbluejeans I totally understand what you are saying. As you probably aware cyber crime is growing fast and even email addresses are important to scammers which can aern them money. So registraition details when registering on here aren't kept after registering? As for the online shop on here is this safe? Cheers
    BigBoy

Yes its as safe as anywhere else online.

I am looking at running the whole site thru ssl at the moment and I will keep everyone posted.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    BigBoy

Yes its as safe as anywhere else online.

I am looking at running the whole site thru ssl at the moment and I will keep everyone posted.

Alex
    Hi Alex ok that will put members minds at rest Thank you Cheers

Hello

Thanks for the information. Yes I was using my Samsung tablet with firefox.

I am on my laptop now with firefox and it hasn't given me any message.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Emmz is correct and this will also happen in Chrome.

This is purely a move by the browser developers to make it more obvious which sites are using https for login/personal details and is really not an issue as far as NMP is concerned.

If you are concerned then I would follow Emmz advice and create a new email address just for NMP.

Oi why are you still bashing me?...And I'm still loving your bang on trend hair net, Penfold!. x

I'm using Chrome and there are no issues.

Alex will very kindly buy us a SSL certificate so it will be sorted then.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't get certificate warnings on here. I've used Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE. For the past year or so it has just been Edge & Chrome and nothing was flagged so I thought you already had one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information