Thread: Period and feeling faint

Period and feeling faint

Does anyone else get extreamly dizzy and feel faint when they are on there period? I've just come on I've been laying down all day with cramps and feeling sick and just stood up and I'm so faint and my hands are tingly and I can't stop shaking.

Re: Period and feeling faint

Are you anaemic from the blood loss? It's pretty common in women

Yep it happens to me on the every first day of the period, I also get back pain, then tummy pain I nearly can't walk or do anything.
    If you get dizziness on your period, you can drink ginger tea It helps me to reduce the tummy pain. Deep breathing is an extremely simple home remedy for dizziness because it helps bring a high amount of oxygen to the brain. Drink more water.
    Those are my tips to survive through the period If you want more, you can read other tips here https://authorityremedies.com/home-r...for-dizziness/
    I hope you'd get better soon!

I had an iron test what came normal, I don't feel faint every period I have but in the past year it's happend a few times. Do you think it's something I need to talk to my dr about?

Jull- yes I get terrible back and leg muscle pain on the first day I can't even stand up because I'm so weak and faint it's horriable, it' sets me off into a panic attack because I have a fear of fainting. Thank you so much for your reply and helpful tips

As long as you're not anaemic i don't think you'd need to consult a doctor, we all get different symptoms and dizziness is a favorite of mine(lol) x

All the best

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn."

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can"

I know this post is a couple months old but omg I'm getting the same thing.
    Your post just gave me a light bulb moment and actually made my brain switch from "omg something is wrong with me" to "aha! that's a more rational explain for my dizziness" so thank you!!

I've been dizzy and "off" since I started my period and was so concerned about it cos I felt like it came out of nowhere. Been constantly dizzy, cramps, and super emOtional. I literally haven't wanted to move around much and as I have health anxiety started thinking I had something wrong with me. But I've been reading a few posts about dizziness and periods and it seems to be more common than I thought.

Isn't it FAB some of the things us woman have to put up with lol.

All the best!

Thread Information