Thread: Eating problems

Eating problems

Hey,
    I am not sure if this is the right subforum.

My problem is that I have to think about eating the whole time.
    A few years ago I kinda forced myself to not eat anything :/
    Now (that I have a panic outbreak since the beginning of this year) I always am in fear of having not eaten enough. I cannot leave the house if I haven't eaten a few minutes before and I always have to take something with me.
    I also have an acid reflux very often.

Right now I cannot sleep because I am getting hungry again (haven't eaten that much today) but I already got up a few times to eat something. It drives me crazy, it's always the same. If I manage to sleep I have to eat again for breakfast.
    Eating is just too complicated for me. It has really gotten to the point where I think about it nonstop.

Info: I have an anxiety disorder and do CBT (unfortunately with a break right now, as I am abroad for a few months). Anxiety disorder adds up with derealisation, said eating problems, toilet phobia (although I am not sure if that really is a diagnosis)

Re: Eating problems

I'm not very knowledgeable about such things, but do you think your eating problems might be a form of OCD?
    Might be worth posting the same post on the OCD board and see what sort of feedback you get.
    I hope someone can help you.x

Re: Eating problems

Thanks for the reply. Interesting thought, never occured to me.
    It sounds reasonable to describe them as obsessions. As far as I know it's not described as OCD if the thoughts are solely about eating (then it would be an eating disorder). I have to talk to my therapist about that, but I won't see her in 2 months.
    But I also haven't really been diagnosed with eating disorder either. On the other hand, my panic attacks have disappeared. At least the intense attacks and my derealisation, but I still get all shaky when I am with other people. It's horrible, but with this I can at least imagine that with confrontation over time it will get better.
    But I just don't understand the eating thing. I just feel like I am not capable of dealing with eating and planning it. It's a basic thing of life and I fail in it.

Thread Information