Thread: intense anxiety about ibs-d/lactose intolerance

Unhappy intense anxiety about ibs-d/lactose intolerance

hi there
    ive experienced ibs symptoms for a couple of years now, and i think i have lactose intolerance as well. i feel sick after drinking whole milk.
    either way this will probably get very tmi just be warned.
    about three hours ago i ate a ton of cheese, and then my stomach started hurting. not too long after that i felt i needed to use the bathroom, so i went and did, and a lot of solid stool came out, which makes sense because i had been experiencing constipation the last two weeks. however, after that, i needed to use the bathroom again, and it was much softer. then again, and it was pretty much liquid.
    this is causing me a significant amount of anxiety because im absolutely terrified of vomiting, and of stomach bugs, which i personally dont think this is but my parents do which is making me panic. im wondering that if this was a bug of some kind, would the vomiting have already set in if it was going to happen? thanks and sorry for the tmi

NOTE: i dont know any way i could have caught anything either ive been home the past few days and when im out im super careful with anything i touch and i dont touch my mouth or eat anything i touch because im so scared of getting sick and i havent used a public bathroom in two+ weeks

Re: intense anxiety about ibs-d/lactose intolerance

Hi,
    I'm sorry you haven't had a quicker reply and that you're not panicking too much. How are you now?
    I also have IBS and have to be careful with dairy and high fat things. It sounds to me like you just ate too much cheese, I think other people with ibs would have the same problem.

Hope you're recovered now, take it easy with eating, stick to more bland foods for a bit til you're tummy has settled down

Re: intense anxiety about ibs-d/lactose intolerance

Quote Originally Posted by vicky23 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm sorry you haven't had a quicker reply and that you're not panicking too much. How are you now?
    I also have IBS and have to be careful with dairy and high fat things. It sounds to me like you just ate too much cheese, I think other people with ibs would have the same problem.

Hope you're recovered now, take it easy with eating, stick to more bland foods for a bit til you're tummy has settled down
    thanks for the response. i've been taking imodium after each bathroom trip and it seems to be effective since i havent had the urge for about 7 hours, and no pain or nausea, so i'm thinking it was the dairy.

Thread Information