Thread: How's Everyone Doing ? I'm on day 19

How's Everyone Doing ? I'm on day 19

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering how everyone else is getting on with Sertraline.
    I'm on day 19 .... getting slightly better .... the awful side effects are going slowly.
    How does the meds effect everyone else's anxiety ?

I seem to have a pattern (shame it's taken me nearly 20 years to suss it out).
    I get a "pain" of some sort .... the last time my anxiety went through the roof - it was a pain round by my liver / pancreas area. It triggered mass anxiety - thought it was cancer, was in absolute hell ...... and started taking Sertraline - of course the Sertraline just intensified the pain for weeks which made the whole anxiety worse, to the point I couldn't function in my day to day life. Even after being sent for a scan etc .... it till took a few weeks for the pain to go and for me to settle down....

At this point - I, stupidly came off of Sertraline (thinking I was ok - but of course it was the Sertraline that was making me feel ok)......and then the whole thing kicked off again.

This time - I had a pain in my left breast (sorry if TMI) - it was a trigger again, Q the full blown anxiety, start back on Sertraline again - which of course again manifested the pain and the anxiety - again, I couldn't function for the past few weeks .... (despite constant reassurance from the dr that there is nothing wrong).....

My anxiety manifests itself as pain - there's never anything else to go with the pain / just pain. The anxiety makes the pain 10 times worse - then start Sertraline - and the pain gets even worse - to the point I can't function - until the sertraline starts to kick in and the side effects subside.

Just wonder what everyone else's pattern is ?

xxxxx

Re: How's Everyone Doing ? I'm on day 19

Hey! I'm just over 7 weeks in and seem to be having more good days than bad at the mo. Still having wobbles for a few days here and there and not back to normal bit I'm sure i will in time.
    I had a similar experience, pain around my lower abdomen and around my back which made my anxiety sky rocket then during this my daughter was born 3 weeks early which seemed to cause me to breakdown! Everything got worse from there and i started the meds roller-coaster for the first time.
    Its a scary experience for a first timer!!

I'm about the same as you Shelly - around the 3 week mark. I am definitely better than I was but still got a way to go after having a decline last week. My sert was put up to 100mg yesterday to try and help me. Took the first dose at 100mg yesterday, and was very jittery all day.

Hi all....Im on day 21 and after a crappy couple of weeks I have certainly been feeling a lot better the last week or so.....seems to work backwards for me....started feeling better and more relaxed at night...although sleep was and still is a bit crappy...but now i even feel pretty good in the morning. I still have some isues though.....still getting discomfort in my back and up my right side which led to my HA attack again but just putting this down to anxiety. Also my appetite came back last Thrs which is a godsend and havnt dropped anymore than the 5kg I lost. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

I'm on week 9 I think? Increased to 75mg last week and seem to be a lot better all round.
    Struggling to put the weight on though which I lost over the last couple of months through bad nausea, lost a stone in total.
    I'm defiantly feeling more myself now, and having less bad days.
    It's been a rocky couple of months though!

Thread Information