Thread: Got myself a little worried again...

Got myself a little worried again...

*Sigh* so the last few months I had quite impressed myself by how I'd been coping with my anxiety. Had a few attacks but managed to calm myself down and was able to rationalise which as we all know is pretty much impossible when it comes to a full fledged panic attack!

This morning I've been to the doctors, I've been having upper abdominal discomfort and pressure pushing right up in to my chest and throat with some light headedness and some very strange 'rush' feelings up through the chest to my head. Being rational I figured it was my IBS or GERD playing up so went along to make sure and get some more Omeprozole.
    Doctor tends to agree which left me feeling smug at how far I'd come but she wants to check for something called H. Pylori (sp?) which sounds fine.

Then the bottom falls out of my smug little bubble...as she's flicking through screens I saw a very brief glimpse of 'prolonged QT' I didn't see the rest as it was so quick. I'm trying so hard right now to rationalise and think maybe the full sentence was negative for long QT but of course those niggling doubts are already in and spreading fast...I went to google and admit I did read a little and then quickly closed it but the damage is done.

I've had palps and tachycardia which I had a ECG and holter for around 5-6 years ago. I've had no further tests since and have worked so hard to convince myself that the heart related stuff is through anxiety (heart is my biggest issue)
    So can anyone here help reassure me...would a doctor ever withhold a diagnosis of Long QT from a patient?

Re: Got myself a little worried again...

This seems very common. At my worst, chest and abdominal pains usually force me to doctors.
    They check me over and I go away reassured .
    Don't talk yourself into panic.

Thread Information