Thread: Chest pain, breathlessness and indigestion! How can I tell this is just anxiety??

Question Chest pain, breathlessness and indigestion! How can I tell this is just anxiety??

About an hour ago I noticed I had a mild chest pain in centre to left chest, and yes it has been worrying me a lot, I then started feeling breathless, and then started burping a lot. Now I have hiccups! The chest pain and breathlessness is still here, and I am still panicking. I am feeling horrible, please help! (I have had heart tests in the past and its al been ok, but advice appreciated!)
    How can you know the difference between anxiety and heart related things?

Re: Chest pain, breathlessness and indigestion! How can I tell this is just anxiety??

I get this alot too and I get very worried....I've been to A&E twice this month alone with it along with my palpitations and both times was given the all clear!
    They think its my anxiety and the palps are what I've had for almost 19yrs and they say are harmless...I do hope so!!
    Tests show all clear all the time so I have to trust the Drs...anxiety causes those symptoms so take some deep breaths in and out and try to relax and I think they should pass soon enough. The more tense I find the more my chest hurts and tightens.
    Hope you feel better soon xxx

Re: Chest pain, breathlessness and indigestion! How can I tell this is just anxiety??

Hi
    Sounds like a mix of anxiety and indigestion. You say your burping and this is a classic sign of trapped gas which will also give you the chest discomfort. Try not to worry about it as your stomach will produce more acid and keep the indigestion going
    I know what its like as Ive had indigestion so bad at times ive thought Im having a heart attack !!
    The breathlessness you describe is caused by the acid irritating your windpipe. Have you any meds for stomach acid reduction if not speak to your gp. xx

hi i get this too it scares the hell out of you doesnt it,but like you have been told over and over again my heart is fine

Thread Information