Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brown discharge. Help!

Brown discharge. Help!

Can anyone help. I'm day 21 of my cycle and I've lost some brown discharge this morning. Just a small amount, like thin sticky things, looked like tiny brown threads of sticky discharge and one blob that was very old and sticky, looked like what you might get from your nose (sorry).*

I've panicked since then as I've never had anything in the middle of my cycle. I had my smear results last week, all normal. My periods have been a little clotty recently but gp said I was fine and smear ok.*

My last period ended quite sudden when usually I lose brown at the end. I hardly lost any brown so hubby said maybe its some old discharge coming away but I doubt it:/

I'm worried sick. What if I lose more brown? Or bleed!:(( Any words of wisdom?:(

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Forgot to mention that my last few periods have started with almost a day of thick brown discharge before I bleed. Then I'll bleed and the brown goes. Is this normal?

Ive also been losing smallish clots, pea sized to 5p size. I saw my gp and he said that's fine.

I'm concerned about the amount of brown I lose at the beginning, I usually start brown but not for as long as I have it now. My last period wasn't clotty but for 24hrs I had gooey brown discharge before I bled. It didn't smell at all. Is that normal?

Then I had hardly any brown at the end, where as I usuall have a couple of days of brown before it stops.

Re: Brown discharge. Help!

Hi Savannah, sounds pretty normal to me. If your smear has come back normal, then i would say try to stop worrying. Mine are the same if that helps x

Hiya, if your all clear from your smear you must be ok. If your still worried about this go and see your GP. I'm 6 days over due on my period and I was wondering what the hell was wrong with me, turns out stress can change your periods, some people don't have them at all. I came on this morning though so all is ok. Hope your not too worried, I bet it's nothing.

sounds normal

Is it normal if I've not lost brown discharge before? Mid cycle I mean. if I bleed this early I'm not sure what I'll think:( I usuall have 30/31 day cycles. Earliest was day 27/28 in January.

Thank you all

Stress and anxiety causes all sorts of things with your body including your cycle. If you have had a smear test and that has come back fine then i really wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you. I had my period late in my cycle but that wouldn't give a false result would it?

I'm just worrying I need a scan ov my pelvis or something but I had one 17 months ago and all was fine.

Im telling you i could write a book on this! suffered with it for ages! went back and forth to the docs! it only stopped when i changed my pill and now im fine. its nothing to worry about though x

The thing is I'm not on the pill so that worries me why I am having this:-(

I'm not on the pill either and i get it! The browness is old blood that hasn't come away from an old period.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information