Thread: Really stressed - need a glass of wine

Really stressed - need a glass of wine

I'm on 6Mg (over the day) of diazapam and 10Mg of Amitriptyline in the evening.
    Do you think it would do me any harm having a glass of wine. I won't be out or anything, just lying on my couch. I just really, really need to relax and the meds aren't working. I've only been on the Amitriptyline for 2 weeks, so not expecting them to have any effect for 3-4 weeks anyway.
    I've been on the diazapam for about 4 months, so they've kinda stopped working anyway.

I just need some relief from the constant day to day stuggle of life. Really P'd off at the moment that nothing has worked and I keep feeling worse.

Re: Really stressed - need a glass of wine

Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    I'm on 6Mg (over the day) of diazapam and 10Mg of Amitriptyline in the evening.
    Do you think it would do me any harm having a glass of wine. I won't be out or anything, just lying on my couch. I just really, really need to relax and the meds aren't working. I've only been on the Amitriptyline for 2 weeks, so not expecting them to have any effect for 3-4 weeks anyway.
    I've been on the diazapam for about 4 months, so they've kinda stopped working anyway.

I just need some relief from the constant day to day stuggle of life. Really P'd off at the moment that nothing has worked and I keep feeling worse.
    Hiya,

I am not one to talk but drink quite a lot of wine, [at least a bottle daily], despite

1. Being on lots of medication

and

2. Alcohol only adds to mental health problems and symptoms.

Having said that I just cannot cope in any way and the wine is just like a dummy.

Gordon

IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!!

Hi.

From bitter personal expierience i would not mix the meds you are taking and alcohol,if you are stressed alcohol will make you feel better at first, then the downside is you will feel a lot worse and need more and more alcohol to feel better.

Booze is the worse thing to take for stress in the long run.

I know i have been there.

All the best.

Richard.

Seditives plus alcohol slow down your breathing. It makes you much more sedated.

Thread Information