Thread: Period flooding

Period flooding

Hey all, ive been having problems with my period for the last 11 months and well this one i started in December has been the worst yet, im still bleeding 3 weeks on and flooding which ive never had before and the pain in my tummy is just yuk. The dr gave me Norethisterone to take 3 times a day for 3 months. Can it be normal for periods to just suddenly start to flood ive never had it before. Im 45 and almost convinced im perimenopausal. Im freaking out everytime i get up or go to the loo and the blood just runs out i feel like im going to bleed to death, although i know thats not going to happen....sighs!!

Re: Period flooding

Hi there im 39 and this happened to me 3 years ago, my periods went haywire along with my memory. I was given northisterne like you and referred to a gynae he put me on the pill. 3 years on ok until got breakthrough symptoms ie anxiety which he said another indicator of perimenopause now on hrt patches with mirena coil its been 2 months and alot better. Hope this helps as I was thinking all sorts when happened to me xxx

Thank you. I'm out of my mind with worry. The bleeding is a nightmare it's literally running out at times and cramping tummy which also makes me feel like I need to pee constantly. Did you bleed for weeks at a time too and did the northisterone stop your bleeding?

When I was in perimenopause stage I was bleeding for 3 weeks then 1 week free then would start again. I was using the biggest size tampon and night time pads all the time and still had to change then every half hour

Thanks, Ive took the norethisterone this morning so hopefully by the end of today ill have slowed down a bit or stopped bleeding. Im feeling very weak and sore head too so not sure if im needing some iron. I really cant cope with this flooding, ive never had anything like it before and its really scaring me : (

Thread Information