Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: worried to get better!?!?

worried to get better!?!?

hiya,

now things have really been improving for me (its been a month on my new AD's) I now am almost afraid to be happy.
    I kind of get scared to be happy or admit to myself or anyone that i'm feeling better in case something goes wrong and i go back down. is that normal?
    its like i have this little nasty imp on my shoulder saying, 'you're not going to get better' 'i'm going to keep on giving you bad negative thoughts your whole life' 'you'll never be free of this'...
    dont get me wrong, i'm not hearing voices! its just i hear this every time I think something really good and positive.
    Is this a normal process or have I become stuck at this point...?
    thank you so much,
    Lisa
    xxx

Its completely normal to feel like this, just as it is completely normal to have some blips along the way.

I just give up!

Keep doing what you're doing..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Lisa

I used to be like this too. I remember the horrid dizziness seemed to almost go overnight and I then started waiting for it to come back thinking that it couldn't possibly have gone forever.

I even opened a bottle of Champagne that night and celebrated cos it had gone.

I too was scared to tell anyone that I felt better in case it came back and they got sick of me going on about it.

However, I think you should enjoy it whilst it is going well. Congratulate yourself and try to enjoy the good feelings that you have. You don't have to tell everyone just yet but just enjoy the feeling for yourself and make the most of it.

I hope it continues to get better for you.

Nicola

Hi Lisa,

good to hear your feeling better just go with it and enjoy it, i think we all thought like that, i was convinced i must have medication in my system cos i felt so good, and was waiting for it to wear off, but it didnt,
    enjoy those happy thoughts xxx

kairen x

Hi Lisa

Good to hear you are feeling better.

We all have thoughts like these and when feeling a little better start to wonder whether it will last and worry about going back to square one again. You won't though because you have already learned so much to get you this far.

Just enjoy the fact that your are feeling better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Lisa,
    Great to hear you are feeling better, these are just negative thoughts you are having, they will gradually become less and less, and so what if you have a bad day? everybody has one of those now and then, take things slowly and enjoy, you are entitled to be happy.

Lisa - ignore the thoughts and keep making the progress that you have been making so well. We all get these doubts sometimes. Just try your best to ignore them.

Hi Lisa,

Allthough I feel better sometimes I get that little imp on my shoulder, just ignore him and he will go away. It is normal and you have not become stuck.
    I am sooo happy to hear that you are feeling better.

LOVE JILLXX

Hi Lisa

I appreciate how you feel. You can wake up and have some great days and want to admit that we are miles ahead from what we have being but dont want to temp fate and it all come crashing down. But through experience i have learnt that if i feel a lot better and admit it the bad days are easier to bear as you remind yourself of how well you felt when you admitted how well it was going.

Takes time but you will get there and seem to be doing really well at the moment.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Im glad u are feeling better im the sameway to ive been better for a few months now but i still wait for the panic attacks to come but they dont however they do try but i ignore them and they do go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information