Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to this site and need some advice :(

New to this site and need some advice :(

Hi, My name is Ana how are you? I came across this website when searching for symptoms of my anxiety. I have had anxiety now for 3 years at least that i know of that has given me symptoms. It's hard for me to wine down at night before going to sleep and when I'm trying to sleep i get palpatations. At first it use to scare me, because it felt like I was going to have a heart attack, but then I just got use to it. Now i've gotten dizzy all the time and i've been feeling dizzy for 7 months now, non-stop, well...it did stop for maybe a month and then came back. I was pretty sad about that when it came back. It feels like i have no control and I'm spacy. Is this because of my anxiety? I had gone to an ENT doctor some months back and he told me that I had inflammation in my inner ear and gave me some eye exercises to do, well, I had done them, but that didn't do much. My roommate who has also suffered from anxiety said that she use to get dizzy all the time and she had also gone to an ENT doctor and they told her the same thing, but that she doesn't believe that's true, because she said it has to do with Anxiety. What should I do about my dizziness, it feels as if it's never going to go away and i'm so confused and scared. :( Although I know i'm not going to faint, because i never have, but it's a scary feeling...i don't know what to do about being dizzy, Please help with any suggestions or comments! Thank you soooo much!

Ana

Hi Ana, and welcome (again!)

Dizziness is one of the worst symptoms of panic and anxiety. If this is what your dizziness is then there are ways to start overcoming it. If it has gone away and come back, do you know what it was that made it come back?

Maybe you should go back to your doctor to check the inflamation is gone?? I don't know.

* Although I know i'm not going to faint, because i never have, but it's a scary feeling...* this is very true. But just keep that thought in your head when you are feeling at your worst. Have a look at some of the positive afirmations on the home pages, they have really helped me.

Tammy x

Welcome Ana

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Dizziness is an extremely common anxiety symptom. Ears can cause it too but that should clear up after treatment.

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness
    Vertigo type sensations

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Dear Ana

welcome to the board, I only joined today as well! I am sorry you are suffering so much with your anxiety, it might be worth going back to your Doctor to see if there is anything wrong with your ears still and also maybe he/she can help you with the other symptoms of anxiety, palpitations etc? I always get very anxious about going to the Docs and nowadays I write down everything I want to talk about so that I dont miss anything when I am with him. It looks like this site is a great resource too with lots of help and advice from friendly people.

Clare

Ana

A warm welcome aboard the forum and I hope you can some answers to your questions on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Ana

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

hi and welcome to the forum
    i too used to hate the dizziness the most...
    it does pass.. eventually
    you will get plenty of help here and make lots of new friends
    take care
    rach

Hi Ana,
    Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make some great friends here. Stay focused and keep positive, and you will get through this.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwitten'

Welcome aboard!!

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Hi there Ana!

Welcome to this site and as you can see you'll get lots of support and advice.

I used to get dizzy spells when I suffered with panic attacks and that was down to the fact I was not breathing properly. I think, provided you get everything checked out properly with yourself physically, it might be an idea to learn to some good breathing exercises. I think sometimes we don't realise how shallow we are breathing when we're anxious (I get this especially when I am driving, its awful:()

Hope this has been a little bit of help

Jem xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information