PDA

View Full Version : blood and white blood cells in urine

Beckie4567
27-10-14, 18:15
hi ive been suffering with frequent urination for two weeks and wen i went to docters he sed trace of blood and white blood cells in urine im freaking out hes sent sample off to lab im hoping its an infection and nothing seroous has anyone else had this x

almamatters
27-10-14, 18:56
I had traces of both of these and was diagnosed with an infection. Try not to worry too much . x

Beckie4567
27-10-14, 22:04
Thanks alma did u get ain't I biotics ??? Anyone else have this? X

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 07:44
96 views and no ones had this?

bobc
28-10-14, 11:28
I had a positive dipstick test for blood but the lab work came back clear as did another dipstick a week later. I saw my GP today and he said it could be bubble bath causing UTI type symptoms. I hope you are able to relax until you get your blood tests back. It's hard I know!

Cags48
28-10-14, 13:21
UTI infection

MrAndy
28-10-14, 13:41
ive had it a few times caused by a bladder infection,antibiotics cleared it up in a few weeks.Try not to worry to much its quite common

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 15:28
Thanks guys xx I've gota ring up tomoz I'll let u no how I got on I'm just confused as if the lab test comes back clear what next?. As I'm still having to wee every hours sh and obviously dipstick says blood and white blood cells so confused I'm hoping sample comes bk with infection if the lab test is clear is that a good think or not? Xx

Fj2014
28-10-14, 15:30
I had white cells in my wee when I had a bad urine infection and also some blood as it cleared so I honestly wouldn't worry.
Probably just a UTI - they take a while and sometimes a few rounds of antibiotics to shift!! x

almamatters
28-10-14, 18:10
Sorry for late reply, I had 7 days of antibiotics and was recommended to drink loads of fluids to help. x

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 21:46
Hey my results have come back clear from lab so dunno weather that's a good thing or bad ?? What does the lab check for is it just infection or other things ? I'm still weeing ever hourish :( so now more worried I hoped it wud come bk infection now I'm confused x

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 22:17
Hey my results have come back clear from lab so dunno weather that's a good thing or bad ?? What does the lab check for is it just infection or other things ? I'm still weeing ever hourish :( so now more worried I hoped it wud come bk infection now I'm confused x

Ok... look at what you wrote. Results are "clear". So is that good or bad? Do you want it to be an infection? The urge to pee or poo is a common anxiety symptom due to a primordial reaction, whether consciously or unconsciously, to what is a perceived threat or danger. So, when you're anxious, whether you feel so or not, your body goes into "fight or flight" mode thus the urge to go. Work on the real illness and you treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
28-10-14, 22:34
Thanks fish but the dipstick detected blood and white blood cells in urine . And lab didn't so I'm confused as still have same symtoms as before I no. It's not axiety as I've suffered with anxiety for 8 years and never had this it's horrible x

Fishmanpa
28-10-14, 22:40
:noangel:
Thanks fish but the dipstick detected blood and white blood cells in urine . And lab didn't so I'm confused as still have same symtoms as before I no. It's not axiety as I've suffered with anxiety for 8 years and never had this it's horrible x

So... maybe you had a slight viral infection and you body cleared it. It happens. Bottom line is you don't have a medical issue but you do have an admitted 8 year anxiety issue. Why not try treating and finding ways to deal with it that will help you prevent a downward spiral.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
29-10-14, 08:32
Thanks fish do u no if the urine sample wud of been bad if it was something serious ? X

Beckie4567
29-10-14, 18:02
Anyone else had this x

Beckie4567
30-10-14, 13:42
Thanks all who replyed I went to docs again today lol and urine dipstick was clear but that might be coz of the anti biotics I'm on anyway I'm still feeling like I need the to let every hour it's really depressing to be honest this can't be normal surely :( x