Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to doctor , pragnosis suspect lung Cancer or some other cancer

Exclamation Went to doctor , pragnosis suspect lung Cancer or some other cancer

First of all I would like to say thank you to the people that gave support the otherday when I was feeling low. Ok, I went to the doctor two days ago and was nervous and panicy but I made it. The doctor gave me a good exam and put me on meds ,anxiety, also meds for urinary retention ,new beta blockers , etc , then came the blood work. They drew two viles of blood and took urine. The doctor seem to think I am just anxious so she didnt think anything about my feeling of short of breath. My oxygen level was 98 percent,she said for a smoker that I had exceptional lungs good and clear and that my heart sounded good.

Oh forgot, I was feeling so bad( from laringitis) why i finally went to the doctor that I had to go. My blood pressure was 150/100 . Said probably white coat syndrome.Well went home that day not feeling confident but very nervous and worried. I have been anxious for two days worrying about test.The doctor called today and said I need a chest xray because my sodium levels were low and that was. sign of cancer. She suspects lung ,but other causes for this is ,conjestive heart failure, cyrosis of the liver, kidney disease, among others ,now to rule out just what it might be.you can imagine how this has made me feel. I havent had a lung xray in 25 years or more and im a smoker. Although I really dont have symptoms any other than feeling like I cant breathe caused by anxiety,( hopefully) but I knew I shouldnt have gone to the doctor. My whole lifeis surrounding me now andim looking at things differently. Needless to say im terrified and scared everything I feel can be contributed to some type disease or lung cancer

I wasnt going to post anymore but wanted anyone. that wanted to know what happened . Im really worried but guess that hasnt done me any good in the past. I guess that I need to start making some type of plans in case. Thanks for the friendship from everybody here. Im not sure ill be getting back on here.

Re: Went to doctor , pragnosis suspect lung Cancer or some other cancer

I'm so sorry to hear all of that, I would be in a panic too so dont feel alone in your worries.
    Remember they are ruling these things outnot saying that you have one of them.

Please do post back the outcome so people can offer you support. My heart goes out to you.

Michael

I think the doctor's in the US give people the worst case scenario whereas over here they would never ever tell someone they thought they had cancer without tests and proof.

It was silly of them to tell you this in my opinion.

When do you get the x-ray done?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you ,I know they are ruling out but she canpme out and told me that most of their lung cancer patients hav low sodium levels so she expects it. She isnt the sugar coated doctor she tells you straight,anywy thank you for caring.

Sorry Nic ,I didnt see your post. I have been smoking 42 years and no xray in 25 although I have no symptoms other than larigitis and swollen lymp nodes under the throat but the antibotics is making them go away so I dont know. She seems to have changed her tune and has gotten away from anxiety.

Xray tommorow but results monday

Good luck Michael - I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the best of health in the world.

Please let us know ok
    x

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just read Nicola's post and I agree, I cant imagine a Dr here telling a patient that it could be cancer based off a blood test result. Is this the same doctor who knows you have anxiety? If so it seems crazy that she even mentioned cancer to you.

I hope things turn out ok for you.

She mentioned it even before I took blood.She said maybe prostate cancer because of urinary ans then maybe throat because of my laryngitis and h finally lung because I smoked 42 years. Even after contributing most everything to anxiety and laryngitis for the symptoms. I mean she doesnt seem like a mean person but concerned as her father ied of lung cancer I suppose.

Keep us updated on the results.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information