Thread: Pauses after ectopics seem longer

Pauses after ectopics seem longer

Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed that their pauses after the ectopic/s seem longer at times, than other times??

I had some sort of really bad stomach bug (constantly on the loo TMI) on the weekend. The day after my stomach settled. Bang - off triggered the darn ectopics, with these (seemingly) longer pauses. Sometimes the pauses make me feel pretty weird. I also have some trigeminy thrown in too. Also felt like fainting, but didn't, if you know what I mean. And I'm more aware of them in my throat than usual. I have had all the usual tests, and just told it's all due to the ectopics. But I don't usually feel quite so weird with them... Perhaps it's the combination of my system flushing out the bug and the ectopics.

I had been doing so well over the summer with the ectopics. Just when you think it's all settling down...

Any thoughts??
    NattyOne

Re: Pauses after ectopics seem longer

hi Natty.... I am relatively new to this site, but I thank God I found it! Yes, I have the same problem .... it really does seem that there are times that the pause in between beats is longer than other times, yes, by far! I don't know why, and it scares the hell out of me! Sometimes I could swear there are about 3 beats missing! My husband thinks that if that were true, I'd be dead....well, maybe not, I mean, from what I've read here, maybe 3 missing beats CAN happen, and not kill you. All I know is, I'm a nervous wreck. The thing is, this all started for me back in 1992, just one day out of the blue, and it's come and gone ever since.......the worst was probably in the late 90's, very very bad. Then it sort of quieted down for a few years, but now, it's back.....and yes again, the feeling of it being a longer pause in between beats is something I get too ..... very scary! I hope you feel better...

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Re: Pauses after ectopics seem longer

Many thanks for your reply! I thought nobody was going to comment... Good to hear that I'm not the only one with these horrible long pauses. I've had ectopics bad since the summer of 2008, but these longer pauses are more recent. Often the longer pause ones are coupled with really bad indigestion and gas in the stomach. I understand that there is a connection there with the vagus nerve; although many cardiologists are a bit dismissive of this.

I have good weeks and bad weeks, but we're still all here! Typing are woes is good therapy at least. I wish I could ignore the darn things, but after more than three years I can't say I can!

Take care and best wishes,
    NattyOne.

Thread Information