Thread: How important is your thought pattern?

How important is your thought pattern?

I know this must sound like a really obvious question, but how important is monitoring your thought pattern to avoid having 'yet another' HA related panic attack.

I was talking to a friend the other evening who said that he stamps on any negative thought he thinks may set off a panic/anxiety attack in order to not send himself on a downward spiral.

I'd nevet thought of my thought process having a chain reaction like property......

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Hi i think our thoughts are extremely important in how we feel and how anxiety and panic can affect our lives.Its just not always easy for us anxiety sufferers to cut out our negative thinking which fuels our anxiety and panic attacks.I know i can make myself feel worse simply by thinking the worst...i do try to think positive but at the moment the anxiety seems to win[Sigh...]

hi i can really relate to that too.i know its my negative thinking that has made mt anxiety worse its just a visicous circle!!as my husband keeps saying POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE!!!!OBVIOUSLY HE DOESNT SUFFER FROM ANXIETY!!!LOL take care rachel x

hi i think our BIG problem is thought !!! but its easier said then done to think possitive ..like your bit..................................I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.
    that would be great lol xxx

jools xx

Hi Dan

How you react to thoughts is very important. Have a read through some of these posts:

Thoughts
    Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective
    Mind Games
    obsessive thoughts & anxiety
    Still suffering this damn "suggestive" thing..
    How to CURE yourself ! The definitive guide here..
    Its happening again !
    Things to consider for success!
    [Link removed as post deleted]
    Thoughts
    image projection in my mind

Negative thoughts – dealing with
    Dealing with negative thoughts

Creeping fears
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge /topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3799

Freedom from thoughts
    Have you ever achieved freedom from your thoughts

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

Thanks Karen,

I'll have a sift through them now!

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

That would be nice.

Definitely directly related to my thought patterns, 100%.

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Hi I agree our thought patterns definitely effect anxiety and panic, negative thoughts that is. I read an article in a newspaper the other day about depression in which a doctor advised that every day think of 5 positive things that have happened to you that day. You will still think of all the bad things that have happened but try to counteract it with positive thoughts.
    Now most days I feel very negative but I've been doing this and to some extent it has helped. Some days the only positive things I can think of are, I got out of bed today! or I went to work but if you try hard you will think of some good things happening as well. Just small things like the sun has been shining or a complete stranger has said something nice to you. I thought this little snippet may have been of some help.
    Anyway keep positive everybody and take care.

Thread Information