Thread: Getting no support from my dad.I hate him :(

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting no support from my dad.I hate him :(

My dad is being a complete ( i can't say what i want to say)..he is not giving me the support i need .He makes me feel like im being selfish and feeling sorry for myself..Ive had this reaacurring battle with Depression and anxiety .And now that its com back all he can say to me is "here we go again" .I hate him so much,he has no idea how i feel........

Re: Getting no support from my dad.I hate him :(

I'm sorry x A lot of my family are like that, in fact they trigger of my depression, because I can see how much of a loser they seem to think I am.
    I just avoid them as much as possiable becase I know they will take every chance they have to make fun or me or make me feel worthless, I'm less concerened by the fact they are selfish and sometimes evil, as they think that they actally have the right to treat anyone that way.
    That makes me angry, and there is a saying that depression is just anger turned inwards and I think it is true sometimes.
    So please don't blame your self or think it's your fault x
    It is hard but you need to accept your dad for the way he is, hoping he will change will bring further heartache, hoping that you can get him to understand.....
    Some times I think people are so involved in their own pain that they simply cannot see anyone elses, and have the additude if life is hard for me then why should I give any one else a break.

Take as much support as you can from friends and family members who understand.
    Without my friends to be honest I am not sure if I would be here.

But most of all you need to love yourself no matter what, the journey out of depression is very lonely but it's so worth it once you come out the other side and it does make you stronger.

Hey, i think people that haven'experienced anxiety and panic attacks really can't begin to uderstand what we're going thro! my husband fortunatly is v supportive but has admitted he hasn't a clue how to help me or know how im feeling, my dad thinks i just need a good kick up the a***e!! lol and he doesn't believe meds r the answer and can't understand why im so low but at the same time he does support me............have u tried explaining to ur dad exactly how u feel?
    Nicola xx

its no use....He wasnt even there for me when i self harmed a few years back.He was too busy with his new girlfriend..The ironic thing is he has suffered from anxiety and he actually ended up in a physciatric ward because of it so you think he would understand....But no,hes too worried about himself getting ill again so he avoids helping me.....
    He makes me feel like im causing him stress and all i want to do is shout and swear at him and tell him to **** off!!!!!!!!!!!

hi hun any1 who s hasnt expierenced it or even if they have are too scared off falling to it again they run a mile , were all here for u hun , most off us are struggling on a daily basis so u not alone babe , i been here n back 3 x times but it dont get any easier , but i been ok b4 and will again !! it seems to take forever to get well but were get there although at times it dont feel like it , chin up darling xxx p.s im feeling like crap n had a really shitty day!! xxxxxxxx

I know that feeling, that my anxiety is stressing other people out :( It makes me feel rather unimportant cause they think their feelings are more important that mine.....
    People seem to think that mental illness, anxiety etc.. is a choice .

we wish ffs id sooner have anything else anxitey is evil!! grrr x

I'm sure that your dad loves you Sarahlou, and would love to give you a hug and tell you it's going to be all right, but that would be too triggering for him. The last thing you need right now is for both of you to be ill.

I would kill or die to protect my 25 year old daughter and I'm sure that he'd do the same for you

My Dad recently described my issues as "pseudo". So that'll be pseudo anorexia, bulimia, self harming, depression, alcoholism, codependency. Lol. And he takes no responsibility for any of my issues. Luckily I am old enough now (42) to divorce him which I have. Its taken many years to get to this point but when someone has a bad effect in your life it can sometimes be the only way.

But to start with I think it is vital to try and get them to understand. Goodness knows I tried to get him to hear me! I sent him articles and information. I stood up and said dad I am an alcoholic. But all these issues are just rubbish to him. Irrelevant nonsense that prevents me from a being a "good/correct" daughter. What do you do! I couldn't handle it anymore as he was too rude and he created so much anxiety I couldn't handle it. I hope I never see him again. Last resort for me. I hope your Dad can hear you through his own issues.

Kate

Thread Information