Thread: Defecation fear

Defecation fear

In some part of my mind I have linked defecation with a fear of a sign of illness - I have no idea why but this is really distressing. I think this links to my emetophobia as well as my OCD. I can't seem to undo the wiring there and have no idea why this new connection has formed.

Any help?

Re: Defecation fear

hi there, i can offer no help really except to say the mind works in strange ways and the connections one makes between the physical doings of ones body and the brains interpretation of them varies. there is a big push by the nhs for bowel caner screening so maybe your subconscious has homed in on that. i read some where once that a woman through stress cause her bones to calcify turning her into a statue, well one can imagine went through my mind, that every time i panicked i was slowly turning into a statue, then a program came on tv and i seen the horror that i was convinced awaited me to the point i was trying to decide if when i was turned in a statue would i prefer to be seated or standing. 10 years i still cringe if when at my nieces birthday party she wants to play musical statues.

regards
    mark
    x

Thread Information