Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Re: Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Hi Dee, sorry to hear you are depressed. Janine and I are here for you. At least the anxiety is gone though. Not sure what is worse- they are both horrors eh?

What helps me is thinking it will get better and trying to distract myself which is not easy when nothing interests you. Make sure you get out of bed in the morning and eat regularly-preferably healthy food, as that will make you feel better. Let me know how you are getting on. This sounds like a side effect that will clear in good time!!

Joy, I have had broken sleep. I manage to get to sleep but wake up early, is that the same as you? I think at 6 weeks the insomnia had gone, but it came back now and again. I found it helpful to never look at the time and play games on my phone until I dropped off again. I hope that helps a bit.

AwCharlie sounds sweet. Bella kept us up from 3am onwards!
    I think she was bored. I have read that this is common for cats and the trick is to ignore it and they will stop! Ha! Easier said than done.
    I will let you know how I get on.if I write back at 3am, you know why!!

Did you make the call to your mum?

Xxxx

Hi Joy, I had problems the first few weeks but gradually got back to normal well normal for me as I am a very light sleeper. so not a lot of help really.

Dee sorry to hear you are depressed at least the anxiety has eased, have you gone back to work yet, I know you were thinking about it a couple of weeks ago.

Supersal how is Bella doing and how are you feeling, hope you had a more peaceful night.

xxxxx

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Our posts must have crossed, yes ignore her if you can she will soon learn that night time is for sleep, easier said than done like you say, Charlie has a little mouse (fake i hasten to add) that he drowns every night in the dogs water bowl, Hugo plays with it but does not drown it.

No I have not made the call to my mum I have chickened out tonight, I have a big meeting tomorrow and I know that if she upsets me tonight I will not be able to concentrate tomorrow as it will keep going through my mind, so will do it tomorrow night. I feel like I am putting it off but I have to think about myself more, (according to my hubby) xx

Haha! Drowning a mouse in the water bowl!! Haha I like it! And glad you said it was a fake one!

We had a better night as we just ignored her yowling which came about at 3am again! So she tried a new tactic! She jumped on our wardrobe which is almost touching the ceiling!! I told her to get down, but wish I hadn't as she decided to jump on to the bed where I was lying. All I could see was a black and white blur of a cat with outstretched arms and legs heading for me!! She landed on my stomach but jumped off just as fast as I screamed! Luckily hubby was in the toilet at the time already awake! This morning she was terrified of me and kept tearing around the house at 100mph!!

I totally agree with your hubby. Perhaps she would not be so horrible if she realised that she hasn't got ou and our sister unconditionally! I know you are torn though as she is hurting! I really think you should speak to a counsellor about this to help you deal with this as I don't think there are any easy solutions, but it can be talked through to see what approach is best for you to achieve caring for your mother and dealing with her ungrateful ness/abruptness! Good luck at the meeting! I am feeling better today. I hope it lasts and Dee I hope you are feeling better! Whatever happens just keep going- life can sometimes be torture- but just keep going! That helps me through!i hope it helps you too x

Yes Charlies drowning of his mice causes a lot of hilarity in our house, my youngest son did manage to catch him doing it and filmed him and it is funny, you made me chuckle with the image of your cat leaping off the wardrobe onto your tummy, she will settle down more and more as the days go on.

I had a really good meeting, it was with all the other retail managers in the region and I have become really close friends with our regional manager who has only been doing the job since February and I have always been the support and training person in the region and have trained and inducted them all so it was nice to have a catch up, I had a lot of comments on how much weight I have lost although I am not what you would call thin but with the stone I had lost myself before I was ill and now another stone I suppose I must look different

I did speak to my mum and did not have too bad a conversation, I have agreed to take her out in a couple of weeks, thought it might help (will probably regret it) but it might help.

Feel really tired tonight, hope Bella sleeps a bit better.

Dee and Piano hope you are both ok.

xxxx

Hi Supersal, How are you doing, hope Bella has settled down a bit more now and not keeping you awake.

I have been really busy at work this week and feel like my feet have not touched the ground, I am off tomorrow and am looking forward to it although I really do have to catch up in the house.

xxxx

Dear Supersal and Janine, I am feeling better, I think the increased dose kicked in at abour 5 and a half weeks I'm still a little anxious at times, but is a different anxiety, it is more like an exciting feeling. I am reading Claire Weekes Hope and help for your nerves, it is really good, it explains that you have to accept the anxiety. So I am working at accepting it, and it is an interesting feeling.

Hope you both are doing fine

Hi Piano, I have replied on the other post, it is really good news, mine kicked in at 5 and half weeks too so it must be a magic time!! i still found I was still a bit anxious but I think a lot of that was because of all the ups and downs and feeling so really really rotten that I could not quite believe it and was waiting for the next blip and it took time to realise that this time it was not going to happen, I have not been perfect all the time and have little times when I do not feel so good but nothing like I was and they do not last.

Sal, hope you are good too and Bella is behaving.

Love and Hugs to you both

xxxx

Love and Hugs to you too Janine. Sorry I have not replied. I have been up to my eyeballs at work too! Bella is much better as you promised. She is a cheekly little thing though, yesterday at 5am she brought her whiskers temptations treats up to our bedroom in her mouth and then dropped them down by the side of the bed. I didnt feed her with them, so she kept picking them up with her mouth and shaking them.

They are so entertaining, and the house does not feel so empty anymore. I am feeling generally better, probably because my mind is more focussed on the cat and work rather than how I feel.

Hope you are not working too hard and still looking forward to Christmas. Where are you going to take your mum.

Piano, glad to see you are better. Yes I am getting an anxious excited feeling, with the usual symptoms of sweaty hands etc!! very strange, but much better. Yesterday I got heart palpatations, and I though that feels weird and they just went.

Does anyone know how Dee is getting on?

xxxxxxx

Bella sounds like she is really settling in now which is great, Hugo our grey cat is obsessed with Dreamies and jumps on the worktop everytime someone goes in the kitchen because he thinks he is going to get some, he sits under the cupboard where they are kept, I used to keep them in a basket on the side but we got up in the morning and he had managed to get into the packets and help himself, there were paw and teeth marks all over the empty packet.

Pets are a threapy so glad it is helping having her and that you are continuing to improve.

Sounds like we have both had a busy week, I am back at work tomorrow.

I called in to see my sister late this afternoon and we had a discussion about my mum and how she has been, it helps to talk it through with someone who knows what she is like, I am not sure where I am taking her yet, I really do not want to go as I have done all my shopping but I will have to go now I have said. It will not be next week though as I am at work everyday it will have to be late the following week, I also have a check up at the hospital with the consultant I was under when I had my infection which started all this off.

Hope you have a great weekend. xxx

Hi Janine.

Glad to see that you have support from your sister. She must be going through a similar thing. I hope all goes well at the hospital. Let me know how you are getting on.

Hugo sounds so sweet! I cannot imagine my life without a cat now, and it has only been a week! I have had a cold all weekend and she has sat with me on the bed. She still has a funny half an hour when she gets the wind up her tail and starts bolting around the house, but the yowling has almost gone as we have ignored it. She keeps coming and sitting on me and hubby in the most awkward of places in bed. I had my nknnes bent up and she sat on them and when i sleep in my side she plonks herself on my other side so I cannot move. She tried to sleep on my pillow last night!! haha ! They are so entertaining.

I suppose the next step is a baby, but I am just waiting to get into the right place for that. Anxiety and depression plus hromone changes sound like a receipe for disaster!!

Overall the tablets seem to be working. I am more balanced, no more highs and lows! I wish I had stuck on 20 mg now from the beginning. I had a few anxious moments when I upped the dose but overall the side effects were much better this time around!!

I hope your week does not tire you too much and I hope you have a great week.

Dee and Piano I hope you are ok too xxxxxxx

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information